Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tonight I'm mostly a Big Fat Chicken

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:) (not really fat though)

Okay long time no see. Been busy beaver hope all is well in thesite land!

Right my query relates to pretty girls and breaking the ice with them, two little things happen to me tonight, number 1;

Is it acceptable for a guy to give a pretty girl he's business card to avoid talkin to her in front of everyone?
I should mention that she had been playing footsie with me on train home -first time surely an accident right? Second time, I figure she might have nervous twitch problem, then the 3rd time I figure 'she might be trying to tell me something'. :chin: :confused:

So we make eye contact and smile abit, then I get bit shy and can't figure out anything smart or funny to say to her, i know my train stop is fast approaching and I'm running out of time! I go to reach into my wallet and give her my business card....then I stop and think, no no no, that shit is idea she'll think i'm a twat.

Anyway turns out she got off same stop as me (being a gentleman I let her get off the train 1st, she kinda walk little bit then waited around....I think maybe purposely giving me enough time to talk with her, instead of saying anything I walk beside her, so we kinda matching pace, almost abreast until we finally get outside and then she walks out of my life, slowly.:(

So....what should I have done in this instance?

Number 2) - Not one for long drawn out sad goodbyes, i watch train girl walk away in the rain. I go and book at cab to get home and 2mins later another pretty girl enters my life, turns out she going same way as me but she'll have to wait 15-20mins for cab... I ponder with myself if I should offer to share my cab. I decide not to be so chicken and ask her, which it turns out she happy to.
So we in cab together talking about her life and mine, we are getting near her place, before she gets out of cab she offers me her name( Becky by the way). I then, suffer from a major fuckin brain fart and forget to give her my name!!! :banghead: (she had really pretty face!) instead I just say "Nice to meet you" and bye. :eek2:

I know I'll never see either of these girls again but i wanted to know what you think I should have done to break the ice. The convo with cab girl went well part from the ending.....i came up well short, hey at least she got free cab ride!:o

Comments

• Options
    I think you just made a big error, twice :P
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I think you just made a big error, twice :P

:yes:
  • Options
    Its look like a movie seen, when they have show someone fucked up lox...
  • Options
    On the plus side, if you ever meet them again, you're sure to score because they'll think its just like the film serendipity.

In first instance maybe just said hi on the train and a friendly chat. Then if convo went well, ask for number! In second instance after taxi ride, again, ask for phone number!

Not sure if I would have had the guts to either tbh, but ah well.

Merry Christmas :)
  • Options
    just talk to them. its not rocket science. flirting is very much like cracking jokes. it's all about timing. when you get it right, people laugh. when you don't, you just move on to the next joke. and when you flirt at the right time, making the right jokes, you will get the other's favour.

what i wouldve done is (if obvious shes doing the footsies on purpose): make the footsies slightly obvious, while looking at her and when she looks slowly smile then make a welcoming laugh, taking attention to the footsies (like looking at our feet). ask for her name. if she looks like shes enjoying the footsie, ask her if shes liking it. when she answers yes, id beckon her to sit next to me and take it from there.
  • Options
    If you're a big, fat chicken have you got a big, fat cock ?
  • Options
    Harmless wrote: »
    then I get bit shy and can't figure out anything smart or funny to say to her

Why do guys always think they have to say something funny or smart? You're mor elikely to impress by just being yourself and thinking of some causal conversation like.. "have you have a good day?" or "where you travellign to" that kind of thing.
    Business card is a bit shit yeh, BUT it's better than nothing isn't it? I reckon it's easier though to just simply say "can i have your number?".

Being full of "what ifs" is a lot worse than thinking oh well i gave it a shot.
  • Options
    What I've done before is approached it a bit like an experiment and psychologically offloaded personal responsibility if I get rejected.. just pretending its just an experiment to see if I can get her number... it's worked before haha.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    If you're a big, fat chicken have you got a big, fat cock ?

:lol: yeah I'm he's bitch...shhh i hear him clucking i mean coming.

Yep i think I did make an error but I'm on the verge of seeing another girl, unless i fuck it up. So I'm not crying into my pint at the lost opportunity.

Okay so if anything like that should happen again, you guys reckon just say fuck it and go with, 'hi hows it going' sorta opener. No business cards -its just having lots of people nearby listening in freaks me out.

Thanks SB I hope you have Merry Xmas too (and everyone else!) :D