Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone know what 6 spd means in relation to a car

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just bought a Fiat 500 (not collected yet) and the spec says it is a 1.4, 6spd. I would assume this means it has 6 gears as my current car is down as a 5 spd and has 5 gears, but I'm certain that the Fiat has 5 gears as well not 6. I'm confused! Tried doing a search but can't find anything :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Means it has 6 gears
  • Options
    Means it has 6 gears

Yep. Enjoy your 500!
  • Options
    The car definately has 5 gears though, I drove it yesterday and it definately had 5 gears :chin:

I'm gonna have to phone the garage there must be a problem. Originally they said it was a 1.2 then they changed it saying it was a 1.4 and had been marked up incorrectly. I just phoned the insurance company to arrange 7 day drive away cover and I gave them the vehicle registration and then she read out all the specs saying it is a 1.4 bla bla bla. So I am very confused :confused: I am abit dim when it comes to cars but I do know when a car has 6 gears, I've driven cars with 6 gears before. The reverse gear was where the 6th gear would be, as in next to forth gear on the right, not on the left next to 1st gear as it is in some cars. :chin:
  • Options
    6 including reverse? :p
  • Options
    6 including reverse? :p

That's what my stepdad said, but that would be the same as the car I already have so why be called 6spd not 5spd? I'm just gonna wait and see when I go to pick up the car on Thursday but I really ought to know since I only drove it yesterday :blush:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The Fiat 500 1.2 has a 5 speed gear box, the 1.4 a 6 speed gear box.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    That's what my stepdad said, but that would be the same as the car I already have so why be called 6spd not 5spd? I'm just gonna wait and see when I go to pick up the car on Thursday but I really ought to know since I only drove it yesterday :blush:

i dont kno wot it meens but how do i make a new thread? :confused:
  • Options
    jack1995 wrote: »
    i dont kno wot it meens but how do i make a new thread? :confused:

Go to 'post a new thread' at the top of the relevant board, like Anything Goes, Relationships etc. Above where all the threads are in the board, on the left hand side.