Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

guys.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My question for you men is, when do you ask a girl to be your girlfriend? how long and how well do you have to know her to feel confortable to take that next step?

Comments

• Options
    After kissing / hanging out / you feel like it's mutual just bring it up in conversation I guess 'so, we are girlfriend/boyfriend now yea? cool :)'. If they feel the same they will have the same happiness. If they don't.. well things suck like that sometimes.

I guess you just feel when it's the right time, most relationships just evolve naturally rather than formally accepting / rejecting relationship requests.
  • Options
    My boyfriend introduced me to someone as his girlfriend about three weeks into our relationship. I think it was an 'accidentally-on-purpose' kind of slip of the tongue, and he gave me a sheepish kind of look. Luckily, the enormous grin that stretched across my face let him know that it was fine with me!

I liked how easy that was; no big talk, no formal questions, just a casual sign of the evolution of our relationship.