Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused & insecure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok so my BF and i have been dating 5 months... sometimes I feel like he doesn't feel the same way about me as I do. He already said ILY and all that jazz... He is a gamer and he spends a lot of his free time playing video games but, he makes time for me. Also, he has A LOT of chick friends and this bothers me to pieces sometimes, he says some things sometimes thAT can be hurtful, for example, he told me if he wouldn;t have gotten with me he probably would have had sex with his friend jessica or I told him I had HPV and I asked him to get checked before or if we do anything and he said if I have anything it's probably from you... There are also times he can be really sweet like he takes me to work and school and stuff but, im always wondering if his eyes wonder cuz he does have a lot of female friends and his guy friends are really disrespectful towards women....on the other hand he is really respectful of me wanting to wait to have sex... idk... help me!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey karchib, welcome to the Site :wave:

This sounds really confusing for you, he seems to be giving out a lot of mixed signals! Comments about other girls might be a way of seeing how you react? He might even be feeling a bit insecure too? If that's not it then it's more than ok for you to let him know it makes you feel uncomfortable and see if he stops doing it.

On the plus side you say that he does make time for you and he's respectful of the fact that you want to wait to have sex which is a good thing. You shouldn't feel pressured in to that at all.

Communication is really key and getting that right early on in your relationship will really help. Being able to ask rather than wonder what's going on in someone else's head is much more productive. It's not a nice feeling when you're trying to read in to someone's behaviour.

Good luck with him and keep posting, it can help just to vent your frustrations too :thumb: