Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Happy Relationships thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right i thought i'd make a thread for us to post something that makes us happy in our relationships, whether its your relationship with your significant other, your mates, your parents, your siblings. Just post something good about your relationships. This seemed like a good idea, cause generally the relationship boards are pretty negative so lets brighten it up with the spirit of the season

I'll go first: My boyfriend makes me happy cause i do stupid things in front of him all the time, but he never slags me off about them

Comments

• Options
    my boyfriend makes me happy because he just does. We're on the same wavelength, hes very supportive of me, hes a wonderful partner and father, and we have an awesome sex life

hurrah
  • Options
    When we do totaly nerdy things together and are not embarassed like the time we stood in the small hall and did ntohing just to imagine like as a Vrykul in their houses with no furniture.

When we read the same book together at the same time and talk about it afterwards, when i write bad poetry about her and she humors me, when im mad at her and look into her eyes and everything will be alright in the end, when she gives me a goodnight kiss and i smile.

when we had 5 used spunk filled condoms hanging through the slots of the table next to the bed ike trophies and her mum came round and i grabbed them and shoved them in my pocket to take them to the bin an they leaked and i had 5 week old stale spunk covering my leg and watching her cry with laughter when i freaked out as soon as her mum went :angel:

i could probably think of a few more but i think im starting to get to gushing :rolleyes:
  • Options

when we had 5 used spunk filled condoms hanging through the slots of the table next to the bed ike trophies and her mum came round and i grabbed them and shoved them in my pocket to take them to the bin an they leaked and i had 5 week old stale spunk covering my leg and watching her cry with laughter when i freaked out as soon as her mum went :angel:

I think I've just been a little bit sick in my mouth :yuck:

I've been married for 2 years, we've been together for 8 and I couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    Me and my boyfriends personal jokes that no one will EVER get. And how hes the one person whos on the same wave length as me. And when he comes back from uni seeing him is amazing! :heart:
  • Options
    A word for the "oldies" around here. I love the fact that my OH isn't in the least bit jealous if I flirt with his friends ... For that instant, I become the "trophy wife", but he knows who I love and who I sleep with ...
  • Options
    I love how a single kiss makes almost everything better. not always fixed, but better than it was.
  • Options
    I love how he knows exactly how to manage me when I'm being a hormonal stroppy cow.

He makes me feel so much better, but he's never a pushover; if I'm being a pain in the arse he'll tell me that I'm being a pain and to behave myself, then wrap me up in his arms and kiss me and make ridiculous noises until I get the giggles.
  • Options
    I love how he knows exactly how to manage me when I'm being a hormonal stroppy cow.

He makes me feel so much better, but he's never a pushover; if I'm being a pain in the arse he'll tell me that I'm being a pain and to behave myself, then wrap me up in his arms and kiss me and make ridiculous noises until I get the giggles.

haha, my fella does something similar! he takes no shit off me. if i annoy him, he'll tell me. whenever i get all stroppy or fed up or something, he'll just grab me and tickle me till i laugh so much that i cheer up and then we'll laugh about and cuddle up :heart:

i love my boyfriend for sooooo many reasons and he makes me ridiculously happy. i know he's the one i'm going to marry and make babies with :) ha! we are just both on the same wavelength. we both want the same things and pretty much agree on most things. we very rarely argue and when we do, its over something ridiculous and we make up 5 minutes later.

he is just lovely to me and has really changed my life around...for the better. i love how geeky he can be sometimes. i love his smile :blush: i love all the little romantic things he says and does for me. i love his sense of adventure. i love his constant sense of humour and how playful he always is, he's never grumpy, he's a really happy person so he can ALWAYS cheer me up. at the same time, he's really sensible for a bloke of his age (he's 26, nearly 27). i need someone like that in my life as i'm not, haha :)

i'm going to shut up. i could go on for ages. like i said, i love my boyfriend for sooooo many reasons!
  • Options
    hey,
    my boyfriend and i have gone through alot together even when i tried to take my own life - he has never judged me and is always with me through whatever - i feel that im in his debt for the rest of my life with the way that i have been in the past but he has shown that he is here to stay and that makes me feel great. hes a great laugh and can be serious when he needs to be. he trusts me completely when i go out with my m8s on my own - and recently he paid for me to go out on a night out as im broke.
    i love him to bits
    xx
  • Options
    Cuddling up next to him when I'm tired, feeling bad or just want to feel good is the best thing ever. I love resting me head on his chest.

He's also calm and I feel secure with him, I trust him and I want to be with him. :) I'm looking forward to a future with him :)
  • Options
    My hand makes me happy because come rain or shine, it's still attached to me and I know I can always trust it to be there for me when I need it. :heart:
  • Options
    Because we're yin and yang we show each other what we couldn't see before, often.
  • Options
    I'm gonna do a friendy one now :)

My friend sam makes me happy, cause were on a scarily similar wavelength, and we both have a completely obscure sense of humour, that not many people get :)
  • Options
    My daughter makes me laugh when she points out ideology in tv adverts, like yelling at the tv everytime a wrinkle advert comes on "so what? Why do I want to get rid of wrinkle", chortle.
  • Options
    -
  • Options
    I hope this thread doesn't pick up the 'Hello' Magazine curse. ;)

While I wish you all the best, for 'social interest' reasons, it'd be nice to revisit this thread in, say, 5 years time to find out what became of all your relationships. It'd be interesting, don't you think?

Anyway, may I just add that it always makes me happy to see other people happy. :)
  • Options
    Another one about my uni friend: We had a revision day today and she brought brownies and malteasers :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I hope this thread doesn't pick up the 'Hello' Magazine curse. ;)

While I wish you all the best, for 'social interest' reasons, it'd be nice to revisit this thread in, say, 5 years time to find out what became of all your relationships. It'd be interesting, don't you think?

Anyway, may I just add that it always makes me happy to see other people happy. :)

I think barring any major accidents mine will be ticking along just fine thankyou :thumb:.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I think barring any major accidents mine will be ticking along just fine thankyou :thumb:.

your relationship is the best out of all of this thread shyboy :heart:
  • Options
    Ricardo makes me happy because even after we've had a stupid argument about stupid trivial stuff (like the fact that he neglected to tell me that he was going to be away for basically a whole fucking month :grump: ) just one cuddle makes everything feel better. And the fact that we have the same sense of humour and can spend like an hour laughing about something stupid like the idea of a Tauren rogue.....
  • Options
    A friend of mine has a sauna in her basement and she invites people over every other week. Since my week is pretty exhausting and stressful lately and I am usually really really bored on sundays (It's kinda like a curse. Saturdays are fine) it's a really good way to chill out and start into a good next week.

So we are usually between 5 and 9 people and we sit in this room in deck chairs, drink wine, eat crisps and cookies and every half an our we go into the sauna and make an "Aufguss" (there seems to be no english translation for it, but you pour water over the hot rocks on the oven and it becomes really hot in the sauna, because the air humidity rises dramatically). Afterwards comes a cold shower or you go sit on the outside for a few minutes. You feel really exhausted afterwards (sometimes a little 'high') and so we go back and chill and chat etc.

It's nice, because said friend is not from my main friend's circle so I get to know many interesting people every time and I even found someone of romantic interest :p Looks promising, so hey ho.