Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Constant Headache

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya guys,

Got an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow but came on here to see if anyone has had anything similar to put my mind at ease.

I started getting a really sore head 6 days ago, but it started just on the left side. And when I lean my head forward it makes it even worse. Feels like pressure that's going to make it explode. Been taking Sudafed thinking it was just blocked sinuses. On 2nd packet now and still nothing has eased. The pain has now spread across my head and only goes away when take painkillers (sudafed), but once it wears off, the pain is back and unbareable.

I had a bug 4 weeks ago that left me with an inflammed stomach which I was taking tabs for, and 2 weeks ago I had the worst flu ever that totally knocked me off my feet - been feeling really drained and depressed as I'm out of work and moved recently to England with my boyfriend away from my family and friends which has been hard.

So basically I don't know if the headache is linked to the flu/bug I had recently. Or caused by the amount of stress I've been under.

Either way, how do I get rid - I'm trying to chill and think positive, but proving to be diificult.

Any advice? Please.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like it could be sinusitis.. i had that earlier this year and it was awful. headaches, nausea - especially when leaning forward, fatigue, dizziness, and general unwellness. if it's that they will probably prescribe antibiotics.

i think all you can do until you see your doc is rest and don't strain yourself.
  • Options
    Yes - been feeling nauseous as well, and loss of appetite. Hopefully that is all it is and anti biotics will get rid.

Just feeling so frustrated as been one illness after another. Never usually like this.
  • Options
    I agree, sounds like sinusitis. Drink plenty of fluids, rest, take paracetamol/sudafed and take a trip to your docs.

It's could be a secondary infection from having flu, and being stressed can lower your immunity, so both could be a factor.
  • Options
    Hi Cuddilicious,

Sorry to hear that you are unwell. It can be so draining for the mind and body when it's one illness after the other. Sound's like you are doing all the right things though and you've also been given some great support on here. The only thing to add was to post a link to the 'unlikely health boosts' page. Also regular exercise will start to boost your mood and immune system - it may feel like the last thing you want to do, but even if it was just very small - like a few times up and down the stairs can help. You may want to get some advice about possible vitaim supplements for a short period to give your body a boost whilst you are recovering from these illnesses?

Hope you feel better soon - take care :):)
  • Options
    How did the doctor's appointment go..? :]
  • Options
    Hey there, wanted to let you know, Nutter and Olive were spot on. Doctor give me antibiotics and have to hold my head over steamy hot water 3 times a day which has been a huge relief thank god. Today is the first I hadn't need any painkillers.

I will definitely look into multivitamins, thanks Harry23 :)
  • Options
    Really glad you've got a cause now, and that it's treatable :) I've had constand headpain for coming up 3 years now, so I do know how nasty it is!