Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Workout

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are about the best way to work out? I wnat to get inshape and trying to decide the best wayDo you think hitting up the gym or signing up for a sport league would be better? Or should i just take aerobic classes?
Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    i recommend the gym. I toned up loads in just a few months by going 3 times a week
  • Options
    i recommend the gym. I toned up loads in just a few months by going 3 times a week

roughly how expensive are gyms?
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    roughly how expensive are gyms?

Depends local council gyms are pretty cheap! I pay £48 a month and that with the villiage hotel, my old gym was only £30 a month and that was at JJB.
  • Options
    £48 is a month is pretty pricey mind you..
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    £48 is a month is pretty pricey mind you..

I know but thats at peak rate, includes classes, swimming, tennis and squash courts and discount in the beauty spas, resturants and hotels. Some like david lloyd gyms are £50+ a month
  • Options
    The best way to work out is by doing something you enjoy. If you dread running for an hour to get nowhere and don't have an interest in weights, then maybe a gym isn't good... you'd get the membership, but would you go or would you be like my lazy boyfriend who pays for the worlds most expensive magazine (magazine comes with membership... he has gone to the gym a handfull of times this year and *only* has gone to the hot tubs too... thus worlds most expensive magazine :p I'm not bitter)
  • Options
    Oh, best spam ever! That is dedication. Coming, posting a few times, waiting a few days and then BAM Nobody expects a thing.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey, yep post deleted because if you call yourself Great Ormond Street and then try and market the brand, then you're kind of missing the point of this community. As Jim has already mentioned in a private message - if you're interested in promoting stuff through TheSite.org you need to hook up with our marketing team. This is a place where people can chat to each other, receive support and feel as though everyone's got the same kind of agenda. :)
  • Options
    i pay 22, council gym and swim, and classes, mine do a student so if you can get into a college and get them to print you a letter head with your name on... saves pennies!