Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Acne Scars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have acne scarring that I'd like to get rid of. I've tried Bio Oil but I find it too greasy for my face. What has everyone used?

Comments

• Options
    i swear by two skin care ranges, one is called nimue (the yellow cleanser and toner and the purifyer moisturiser) and la mer.
  • Options
    My brother has used Vitamin E Oil in the past. I find it works well on scar tissue and that sort of stuff.
  • Options
    I've tried Vitamin E oil too which is also too oily. I'll have a look at Amira's suggestions.
  • Options
    they're both pretty pricey but the la mer works miracles
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I've tried Vitamin E oil too which is also too oily. I'll have a look at Amira's suggestions.

Suppose that is true. I used the oil on my hand (got a couple of scars on it), and it definitely is a bit oily.
  • Options
    I use my Bio Oil on the shaving scars on my legs and it doesn't matter being a bit greasy for there really.
  • Options
    Sorry, no help to the OP but stupid question but where can you get vitamin E oil from and what section can you find it?
  • Options
    I got mine from Superdrug, it's next to the body lotions.
  • Options
    If the scarring's purpley reddy, facial redness remover works well, otherwise if you use Bio Oil, rub it in as well as you can, then gently wipe off the remainder with oil removing paper, that stops it getting too greasy.
  • Options
    I never though of wiping off the excess. I'll start trying that.