Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

struggling with mental health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heya,
im really struggling today with my mental health ya know....like just having a low mood and im not sure what to do - ive still waiting for another appointment with my local mental health team - like not had one for a month.....just feel as tho ive just been left to cope on my own - which i can't do....altho, my uni have been fantastic and been there to help me whenever i have needed it. I think its cause of my workload at uni - i always go and say that i am fine when i see my mental health worker who works for the university......but just seem to be getting worse afterwards......i just feel as though everything is on top of me-i just need a break but have got to go home and go and work over xmas as ive got no money......just need some advice of anyone that has any experience of mental health referrals on the NHS???
just seem to be being pushed from pillar to post......just want the help but ain't happening atm.
:chin:

Comments

• Options
    I've never had any experiance with refferals.

But you say that you say your fine when you see your mental health worker, maybe you should say your finding things tough, even if at that particular time you feel fine and just explain everything?
  • Options
    I've only had a referral for a certain amount of treatment, but i did have to wait a few months for that to come about and it was tough to think 'i know i'm going to get help.... but i kinda need it now!'
    I also do the thing of saying 'yeh i'm fine' to the psych nurse, and then feeling shit in the weeks afterwards- so what i then did was say 'k..today i am feeling ok, but at 'this time' i was feeling 'like this' - can you help me manage these feelings when they occur'?
  • Options
    heya,
    thanx for your replies, i just that im fine wouldn't slip off my tongue but yeh next time i will hopefully talk things through a bit more. Im at home as well now so my mental health kinda takes a knock - as in a different place. but hopefully should bounce bk soon
    thanks again
    xxxxx