Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

wah

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I came back from uni and let myself into the house and now the key doesnt want to come out of the front door. It's stuck!

Franki isnt in and the other housemate isnt in and it's so annoying and I've sworn and it and tried everything.

The landlord is coming over soon because I rang him so I'm gonna look like a retard. If he takes the key out with ease I'm going to kill myself.

GAHHHHH

Comments

• Options
    :( these things happen.

I suggest a nice cup of tea and think of other things.
  • Options
    good idea. I'm gonna make one now and wait for the landlord to arrive. It has to be the lock and not just me being a pansy. Fingers crossed
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    Offer the landlord one too when he arrives, that'll soften him up.
  • Options
    guess what.

landlord just took it straight out.

:blush::blush::blush:

a roof guy is coming over later so i have to ask him for lubricant for the keyhole..hmmmm... :blush:

not my day today! ah well. he was nice about it :)
  • Options
    AHAHA RACH OMG.

And there I was wondering why you rang me while I was at work.

Dickhead :p.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    AHAHA RACH OMG.

And there I was wondering why you rang me while I was at work.

Dickhead :p.

it was embarassiiiiiiiiiingggggggg. come out! i was trying to offer you mince pie you moo x
  • Options
    guess what.

landlord just took it straight out.

:blush::blush::blush:

a roof guy is coming over later so i have to ask him for lubricant for the keyhole..hmmmm... :blush:

not my day today! ah well. he was nice about it :)

Recently, when I closed the door it didn't make that satisfying *click* and when I wanted to open it again I couldn't. The key would turn but not far enough. I tried to turn it with 2 hands. I pulled the door really strong towards myself to maybe close it properly. I tried to push it, maybe it will jump out of the lock (because I thought it wasn't really in). When my aunt came up with a spare key she could just normally unlock the door and it would work for me like normal too. :o
  • Options
    I was talking to mi padre.

*comes for mince pie*
  • Options
    I couldn't open my front door earlier... I spent aagggeeesss. And then I realised that actually I had put the key in the wrong way. VERY embaressing. Stupid keys.
    Xx
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Recently, when I closed the door it didn't make that satisfying *click* and when I wanted to open it again I couldn't. The key would turn but not far enough. I tried to turn it with 2 hands. I pulled the door really strong towards myself to maybe close it properly. I tried to push it, maybe it will jump out of the lock (because I thought it wasn't really in). When my aunt came up with a spare key she could just normally unlock the door and it would work for me like normal too. :o

it's so enfuriating! bahh. he oiled up the lock thing so hopefully it'll be okay now
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    I do this sort of thing loads! I'm terrible with keys though, don't know why, just can't seem to get them in the hole properly and i'm always scared it'll get stuck and/or break!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Once I was leaving for a lesson and after I pulled the door shut I realised I'd forgotten my keys in the house. No one else was there so I couldn't leave without locking.
    I thought my grandma (who lives nearby) had a spare so I went there to get it. I took the bunch and brought them back; none of the keys fit.
    So I went back there to see maybe it was some other key. There were a lot of them with no label so I took them all and tried them one by one. None of them fit either.
    Then I thought my aunt (lives on the floor below us) might have a spare. I rang the doorbell and got no answer. I didn't have my mobile so I went back to my grandma's to call from there. No answer either. So I took all the keys again and went back home.
    I tries all the keys again, one by one, and still none fit. I was pretty pissed off by this time so I kicked the door...

...and it swung open, just like that. It turns out the lock hadn't gone in the wall when I pulled it, and the only think keeping it shut was that it had got stuck in the frame. Total Mr. Bean moment...
    I missed my lesson anyway, though.