Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dad's 50th birthdat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its my dad 50 birthday on the 18th December and me and my sister have no idea what to get him. if we ask him we get the same reply every year about socks or a bottle of whiskey.

Our dad dosnt have any real hobbies. which makes him so akward to buy there nothin he needs either. im stuck at what to get him we usually look for funny stuff to get him. last year for xmas i get him some rocket that shot up into the year, another year a toy remote helicopter.
so now it time for a good present been his 50th does any1 else have this problem? or better still any suggestion as to what i can get him

Comments

• Options
    How about a nice watch? and you could get it engraved to mark his birthday or something
  • Options
    Oh god, dads and birthdays. My dad just turned 41 and he "didn't want anything"
    But I made him a keyring anyway. I think, cos it's his 50th, you should throw him a party or something. Even take him for a nice meal. A gift doesn't have to be something you can wrap.
    Xx
  • Options
    Its my mum's 50th soon and we're thinking about getting her a bracelet so for dad how bout a watch as icey suggested.

For my dads birthday my mum got him on these day trip packages and he went and drove about in a load of cars and learnt how to do skids and what not. They also do hot air balloons, sky diving, and looads more.
  • Options
    Its ireland hot air balloons had to find. might just google it thou and see