Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused :/

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After searching the internet for help on this matter i've still not been able to find information that could directly help me out :/ so i've registered here hoping somebody with experience could perhaps help me.

I met this girl about 2 months ago on a night out, we kissed, exchanged emails,i got a lengthy email from her explaining her situation, how she'd recently just come out of a relationship with a guy she'd had a kid with and how she doesn't usually kiss guys on a night out and that she really likes me.

I liked this girl quite alot, attractive, great personality, and the kid thing does'nt bother me at all. So i pursued it, we were texting lots and id wake up with texts from her which was always nice. This continued for a couple of weeks, and we met up during these weeks several times, the first time we met up we didn't have sex, but we were quite intimate, then after this we arranged to see each other several more times, and these times we did have sexual interactions. This continued happening up until the last week in september when she started becoming more distant.

I was a little confused as to why she was being distant and ended up receiving a text explaining why, basically stating she really likes me, she doesn't think we should meet up as much, because shes just got out of a relationship and doesn't want to rush into one, she said she could easily fall for me because of how gorgeous i am and nice etc, but would'nt feel right feeling that way about someone so soon after getting out of a relationship.

I could understand this, and so my reply was short and simple, along the lines of, im happy to take it slow with you, but if youd rather just be friends then we best not meet up as much and if i see you out in bars etc it'l just be to say hello. I received no text back to this. Later that night whilst i was out i received a text from her, sayin it would be nice to say hey.. as she was out too. We eventually saw each other in a club and had a general talk and then i left, later that night i got a number of texts from her one of which was "i don't want a relationship i want you, "..this gave me the instant impression that she just wanted a bit of fun for the time being, but after this a few texts later i had texts like " i do really like you, its just really hard, u know i do, otherwise i wudnt be doing this" so i was abit thrown as to what she wanted, abit of fun, or a relationship. We were both under the influence of alcohol, so this may have influenced texts? Anyway she said she would text me the next day to talk about it, but i never received a text.

With my head being all over the place i thought i should text and try and clear things up, so i text her a couple of days later "i do really like you too, we can just have fun for the time being like we have been doing and just enjoy it, if we do want to get abit more serious in the future then we can talk about it then" she replied and agreed with my comments. Since then we have been txting on n off but it seems to be pretty much always me that initiates the texting now...and then on some occasions i wont receive a text back when i clearly ask questions that warrant a response. I have seen her out since and were just like normal both end up 'pullin' each other, and have a good night, i met up with her recently and she came round to my house, we chilled out with a movie, was great spending time together, enjoying each others company and we did end up having sex, after which i got a text along the lines of...i had a really good night tonite, i always do when im with u :) hope to c u soon...after the text she'd sent me before about wanting to take it slower i assumed we wer just friends with benefits, but some of the texts she sends makes me think she wants more.

After not hearing from her much over the weekend, except for friday and one or two texts on sunday, when i saw her, i text her on tuesday trying to arrange a day for us to meet each other again, id suggested a couple of dates and she said one of them is good for her, so i sent a text back saying we should see each other then, but got no reply back, now it appears shes going out on this night that was appropriate for both of us.

I'm not too sure whats happening, we had agreed on taking it slow/abit of fun, but she seems to be playing head games, ie sometimes not replying to texts, me being the one to text first etc..which to me is taking alot of the fun out of it, i have grown to like this girl quite alot, and would be happy if this worked out into a relationship, im not sure if im the kind of guy that can do the "fu** buddy" thing, at the start i thought great..but now my feelings have come into play...naturally i don't want things to come to an end between us. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Its hard but if you continue going to this road you will get hurt, I have no doubts about it.
    She may like you but she has said clearly she isn't ready for a relationship and you've just said you couldn't do the fuck buddy thing so there is only one outcome and that is you getting hurt.

I reckon she doesn't reply to texts cos she can't give you the answer you want, so shes kind of keeping you at arms length but getting her fun when it suits her.

Leave her alone or set yourself up for been hurt, unless you good a game player and try playing her at her own game.

You say you always the one to initiate texts etc? Well try not texting her, if she never texts you then it is clear how she feels.
  • Options
    im going to try not texting for a while and seeing where it gets me, i appreciate the advice, i can see myself ending up getting hurt if i give too much, i have been tempted to text her saying i want more and don't want to do the fuck buddy thing etc, to see how she will respond, but im not to sure how to go about it.
  • Options
    I agree with Lick, She may not being doing this intentionally to hurt you, but she is obviously confused about her own feelings- she may still have feelings for her ex that are troubling her? It could be a lot of things that are going on, and i reckon she is best as just a friend until she can see in her mind a bit clearer what she wants.
  • Options
    I have been in your position in the same situation, and it all ended in tears! From your above posts, it's clear you already know what you should do (leave this girl alone and find someone else who is ready for a relationship right now); you just don't want to make the final call.

If you carry on with the rebound girl (ie. her using you as her bit of fun but not committing herself to more), you will feel short-changed, and also she might overlook you when she does eventually feel ready for another relationship again!

If I were you I would just keep a friendly distance and bide your time. Also have fun dating/getting to know other people ;) Don't mention anything about you waiting for her to be ready, or letting her get affection/sex for free without the commitment you want, or seem as if you're hankering after her. Otherwise you'll come across as having no self-respect or backbone!
  • Options
    appreciate all the help you have all provided sorry for the slow response, have decided to call it a day really, i still may pull her down town on a drunken night out, but have slowly come to realise im not going to get anything else from this, she has to much baggage n it seems time for me to move on, had a great weekend with 2 really good night outs over the weekend and i guess it made me put things into perspective abit...have seen hints on her facebook that perhaps there was someone else she was seeing...n its not the sorta relationship i was born for.

I guess im just proper that way n could'nt be content with the girl i like having relations with many other people

time for me to move on and find someone who wants something like i do :)

Plenty more fish...:)