Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anybody Got Any Ideas For Me??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a 27 year old guy and engaged to a wonderful girl who is 26. we have been with each other for over 7 years, and sleeping together for 6 of those 7 years. The first 2 years ur sex life was good and exciting. Although we didnt do much, it was basic enough, kissing ,cuddling by my girlfriend and i used my fingers alot to help her in the mood.

The problem is 6 years later its still the same old routine. I have told her this problem,that i think our sex life is to mechanically and predictable. I used to go down on her until she told she doesnt like kissing after that coz of the taste in my mouth after it. I have asked canwe try 69 for something fresh but she refuses. I have asked her numerous times to try some foreplay with me coz i would like it but she refuses that aswell. I am lost in terms to what i should do.

I Love this girl and really cant wait to spend the rest of my life with her, but i dont want my sex life to be the same as it was when i was 21,31,41,51 years old... i need a change.

I need advice quick before i do something stupid and cheat on her. I have never cheated in my life and i never taught i would be the type to cheat, but its getting to a frustrating point now.

Please Help

Comments

• Options
    Hey there, welcome to TheSite :wave:

I noticed you hadn't had any replies yet and it sounds like you're feeling quite desperate. It's really brave of you to admit it's got to a stage that you can even imagine cheating on your girlfriend :( It's clearly not what you want to do though but you're just feeling really frustrated right now which is understandable. Having a meaningful and active sex life is a huge part of a relationship expecially when you've been together for a long time.

Perhaps rather than suggesting different positions or asking for more foreplay you could try and talk to your girlfriend about your sex life in a more general sense. There are a lot of resons why she might not be feeling up for it and if she's feeling any sort of pressure to have more sex it's more unlikely that she'll be able to get in the mood. She might be stressed about something at work for example or suffering from low self-esteem? Lack of sleep and diet can also have a big impact on your libido.

It's natural in a long term relationship for your sex life to have it's ups and downs as well. Especially when you live with someone, it can be easy to get in to that same old routine and it's important to make quality time for each other. Go out for a nice meal or make plans to spend a special day together, it really can make the world of difference.

Most importantly, let her know that you can't wait to spend the rest of your life with her like you said. Tell her that you want her to enjoy sex again just as much as you do and that you're on her side. Take a look at our sensual sex article and shake up your sex life. This one on mismatched sex drivesmight also be useful for you to read.

By making time for eachother and taking it slowly with her hopefully you'll be able to get your sex life back on track. All the best :)
  • Options
    i agree with jo, there may be an underlying problem, and it is important that you talk to your g/f about how she feels. try to understand how she feels, and at the same time try to make her understand how you feel. take things slowly. mismatched sex drives are difficult in relationships, and often result in resentfulness, and feelings of inadequsy. you obviously love this girl an awful lot, and you are both lucky to have each other. you dont really want to cheat on her, please do not do this! you are just feeling a little hurt, explain this to her, explain how much you love her, and how much you need to try new things, make an agreement to try some different things in the bedroom, if either of you dont like it-then you dont have to do it again! good luck!!