Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused, can anyone help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This started a few months back when my boyfriend left me, as far as I can tell, for no good reason. He said some pretty horrible things, unnecessary and hurtful things, just completely out of the blue and left without telling me what I'd done to make him leave.
What hurt the most was that everything had seemed really good up until then. I've been in some bad relationships before so I find it difficult to open up and trust someone but something about him just made me want to get to know him and trust him. We'd been together for about 5 months and I'd really started to love being with him, certainly I've never felt that way about anyone before so when he just turned round and hurt me like that it was really awful.
I kinda hoped we could be friends and he seemed to agree but then he started blatantly ignoring me whenever we saw each other. This was pretty horrible but he also started putting up comments about this other girl we both know on social networking sites and msn where it was pretty obvious I'd see them. So I thought fine, he's found someone else and had pretty much just accepted it but then the girl in question told me they had only ever been friends and that he'd been being really odd lately. On top of this tonight I found out through a mutual friend of ours that he said only posted all that stuff to make me jealous.
I really have no idea what he's trying to do. He broke up with me, I'm getting over it. Maybe slower than I'd like but I'm getting there so why is he trying to play around with my feelings like this? I don't think I ever did anything to deserve that so I guess I'm feeling pretty confused. Can anyone help with this?

Comments

• Options
    This started a few months back when my boyfriend left me, as far as I can tell, for no good reason. He said some pretty horrible things, unnecessary and hurtful things, just completely out of the blue and left without telling me what I'd done to make him leave.
    What hurt the most was that everything had seemed really good up until then. I've been in some bad relationships before so I find it difficult to open up and trust someone but something about him just made me want to get to know him and trust him. We'd been together for about 5 months and I'd really started to love being with him, certainly I've never felt that way about anyone before so when he just turned round and hurt me like that it was really awful.
    I kinda hoped we could be friends and he seemed to agree but then he started blatantly ignoring me whenever we saw each other. This was pretty horrible but he also started putting up comments about this other girl we both know on social networking sites and msn where it was pretty obvious I'd see them. So I thought fine, he's found someone else and had pretty much just accepted it but then the girl in question told me they had only ever been friends and that he'd been being really odd lately. On top of this tonight I found out through a mutual friend of ours that he said only posted all that stuff to make me jealous.
    I really have no idea what he's trying to do. He broke up with me, I'm getting over it. Maybe slower than I'd like but I'm getting there so why is he trying to play around with my feelings like this? I don't think I ever did anything to deserve that so I guess I'm feeling pretty confused. Can anyone help with this?

Wow, that sounds like a really shitty thing for him to do! The best advice I can offer is to leave that all behind and move on with your life. This guy sounds rather messed up, and I'm sure you don't need that sort of drama and turmoil to be recurring in your life over and over again if you go back to him. Essentially, don't be one of those girls trapped in some form of abusive relationship (even emotionally abusive).

Try to cut him out of your life as best you can. A good tactic is to surround yourself with friends, family, work, hobbies etc, keep yourself busy, and I'm sure that soon enough you'll come across a wonderful guy who knows to respect you as a person. I've been through something similar, so I know it's easier said than done, but seriously give it a try.
  • Options

As another guy, i can decipher some of this for you. You might have done something to him that you are unaware of that might have driven him away. Or maybe there's something going on in his life that makes him feel as if he doesnt need a girlfriend. He tried to make look real by saying those so called "horrible things" that he said to you. When he said he wanted to be friends, and began to ignore you, its because he feels quite awkward around you. Us guys say that so we dont sound like complete jerks, but we never actually end up CONTINUING as friends. As for the attempt to make you jealous, im guessing that probably wasnt his intent for those comments. Maybe that "mutal friend" twisted the truth around. Either that, or hes doing it just for attention. I hope this helps and i wish you luck! Hold in there. :]