Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i want a babyy worried i cant conceive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead:
hi im 18 and have been with my partner for 2 years
im totally in love with him hes my darling
we have a brilliant relationship and we are currently sorting our own flat out the problem is we have been trying for a baby for 6 months now and nothings happened

im worried tht i cant conceive but dont want to see a doctor incase he thinks im too young but i feel ready to produce a life and be a mother
me and my partner have tried fertility test but didnt find these usefull

any help please !!!!
ive also researched good ways and have found my fertility days now but for the 6th time im still not pregnant

Comments

• Options
    6 months isnt actually that long. It feels like forever i know, but up to a year is perfectly normal to take to concieve, and lot of doctors wont do any tests until youve been trying for 2 years. Try and be patient.
  • Options
    thanks just really thinking i cant its coming up to
    7 now and just still doubting i can conceive and another thing is we dont see eachover most days as hes working so i think that could be a problem aswell
  • Options
    it took us 8 months to concieve my middle child and that was with having sex every day, often more.

If youre not having sex particularly regularly, its gonna be easy to miss that window of opportunity when youre actually fertile. There is only a few days in the month when youre likely to get pregnant.
    I remember feelng like it was NEVER gonna happen.
  • Options
    Maybe your body isn't ready for a baby, you know a woman's cervix isn't developed for pregnancy till about the age of 25. now I know lots of younger women have kids, but like I said, if it's not happening, maybe thats a sign that the time isn't right. Do you really want to be tied down at 18? Thats so young & all your friends will be out playing the field & you stuck at home? I mean, a person's 20's are the most responsiblity-free decade of your life, & you'll never get that back.
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    Maybe your body isn't ready for a baby, you know a woman's cervix isn't developed for pregnancy till about the age of 25. now I know lots of younger women have kids, but like I said, if it's not happening, maybe thats a sign that the time isn't right. Do you really want to be tied down at 18? Thats so young & all your friends will be out playing the field & you stuck at home? I mean, a person's 20's are the most responsiblity-free decade of your life, & you'll never get that back.

Has she come on here or a lecture.... NO.

To the poster, like a few have said it can take time, and I know it probs seems like you've been trying for years, but Im sure it will happen soon. There are a few websites that give advice, and some support forums that are about trying to conceve, just type in google and there are a few.

Good luck:)
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    Maybe your body isn't ready for a baby, you know a woman's cervix isn't developed for pregnancy till about the age of 25.

Where on earth did you get that "fact". :no: It is quite untrue. The average age of conception is increasing, but that is due to career and cultural issues rather than physical ones. It was considered perfectly normal for our grandmothers and great-grandmothers to conceive in their late teens/early twenties. Medically too, doctors treat pregnancies over the age of 25 as "higher risk" - even though statistically more women are putting off having children till well into their 30's!
  • Options
    You'll probably have to have plenty of appointments with the dr during pregnancy and after so I don't think you should not go out of fear. As SCC says, they will probably leave you to your own conceiving devices for two years, but at least logging your intentions with your dr might be a good idea.
  • Options
    I KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE A LONG TIME BUT KEEP TRYING IT WILL BE WORTH IT IN THE END. I STARTED TRYING FOR A BABY AT 18 BECAUSE IT WAS WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED. NOTHING HAPPENED FOR YEARS. I SAW DOCTOR AFTER DOCTOR AND HAD IVF TREATMENT AND WAS TOLD IT WAS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN FOR ME. THEN IN JAN THIS YEAR FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AND IT HAPPENED WITH OUT ANY MEDICAL HELP. I WAS THRILLED AND EXCITED AS I AM NOW 46!!!!!!!!!!!! DOCS KEPT SAYING ITS HIGH RISK REALLY HIGH CHANCE OF DOWNS BUT I JUST KEPT GOING. THEN IN AUGUST ON MY MOMS BIRTHDAY I HAD MY BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL AND SHE IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP HOPE.:yippe: :yippe: :yippe: :yippe:
  • Options
    awww thats so lovely. Congratulations. I bet shes totally worth the wait :heart:
  • Options
    awww thank you so much

now i have hope that atleast 1 day that i can

and congrats on your daughter you must be so proud
    x