Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dreams coming true to nothing in a night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
2 weeks after i started uni my friends from my home in the south, brother spoke to me, i thought nothing of it til he kept talking to me on facebook several times, i had always got on well with him bt never really known how much we had in common, for 2 weeks we talked on facebook then that lead to msn, 2 weeks ago we exchanged numbers have been texted each other quite a bit a mixture of casual and flirty texts. i grew over the past 6 weeks to really like him, he kept mentioning that we had a connection whuch i agreed with, we seemed to have a lot in common nt just everyday things bt more serious stuff like hopes for the future beliefs and stuff. last nite he asked if he wanted to come to newport (his uni) (i am at liverpool) and make things more official and he wanted to be my boyfrien and how much he was looking forward to xmas and i was going to be the best xmas present and stuff. i just want to highlight here he said boyfriend a lot, the texting continued today with its usual pattern of casual with the occasional flirt. however tonite we are just chatting and then he said he thinks we should spend more time actually together over for xmas before we make things official, i agreed. he then says he thinks we are moving to fast and then that this was because he was hurt in the summer when he got back with his ex after talking on the fone and msn like we had been doing bt then it had ended suddenly and was worried that this was going to happen again, so thinks we should we should cool it off, then it was just be friends, then he finished off by saying he thinks i need to find someone who lives life at the same pace as i do (implying he doesnt)

i really dont understand, the flirting was started by him, he said he wanted more, he said we had a connectiont then all of a sudden he just wants to be friends, why would this have happened?? i feel really silly now aswell really thought id found someone who i could actually be in a proper realtionship with? please help, im feeling really alone atm.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey

I cant make assumptions based on his feelings as if you are clueless on them then so will we be. The advice I do have though is to either be up front and ask him whats going on, or move on and find someone who will be 100% into you and make you SO happy! =D Its truly remakable how many different people there are in the world and how so many of them are right for us. You will find someone better in time!