Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to make new friends?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

I'm new here so hi! I recently moved to a new town after living in the old one for four years; I live with my boyfriend who is fantastic, and although he is my best friend, I miss having a bit of female company! I have a few really close friends, but unfortunately they all live far away so we don't get to see each other much. Don't really know anyone here!

I've got my workmates but not really people I'd socialize with outside work. Any advice on how to make new friends? It seems to be harder as you get older - I'm 22, and want to meet like minded ladies just for chats over wine and a bit of Sex and the City etc.!!!

I've signed up for some volunteering opportunities, thought it might be a good idea but as yet haven't heard anything from the organizers.

Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    I always seem to make friends through my job, if that helps?
  • Options
    Hey little_red_lady, welcome to TheSite :)

Totally understandable that you're craving some female company and would like to make some new friends in the area. Even though your boyfriend is great, we all need a bit of time with our friends too.

Sounds like you're quite happy to try new things, persuing the volunteering sounds like a really good idea. Could you give the organisers a call to chase them up?

What about exercise too? Gym classes can be a good place to meet people.

You said you don't really socialize with your workmates outside of work, might be worth giving it a try? You might have more in common with them than you think and they might have other friends that they could introduce you to.

It's always good to get things planned with your friends that are far away too, say once a month or every other month plan a day for you all to get together or invite them to come and stay and go out in your new town. It will be something to look forward to whilst you take time to find your feet.

All the best :thumb: