Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused

Hi all,

I have 2 questions really:

1. What is the definition of "seeing someone"?

As much as I ask my friends and colleagues, nobody seems to know a real definition for this, and seeing as Im apparently just seeing my partner, I would like to know what it means so I understand the boundaries involved.

2. (A bit of history to the situation). I was getting together with this girl called, for the purpose of this "A". We were together for about 2 months, nothing serious happened, but she left me for another guy. This was about 4 months ago. 2 weeks ago, I added this girl on facebook, one of A's best friends, called , for the purpose of this "B". At this point, I wasnt expecting to get into a relationship. We got talking and then out of the blue we are texting, meeting up, planning trips away together.

That is the history of the situation. Now for my problem.

B says she is shy, which is fair enough so am I. However when we are texting and speaking online, she is happy with the idea of hugging, holding hands, simple things like that. She even said next time we meet we could have a pic of me and her. (I dont know if I am being over keen for 2 weeks into "seeing someone"). We are really open with each other and talk about everything. We know about each others past, and there are no secrets held anywhere.

Anyway, whenever we meet she doesnt want to go with anything she said she would. She moves away from holding hands, she will hug, but only when she is going and for a second or so, and the pic we took (which is really nice) she said to delete.

Im getting really mixed messages here. We get on really well. Make each other really happy, yet she doesn't want to have any physical contact with me. She has told her mum about me, and she wants me to meet her, so everything is going in the right direction. We just aren't getting any closer in the physical respect. (No I dont mean sex, I mean just hugging, holding hands etc)

Whats everyones opinions? Am I being to eagure for 2 weeks in?

Kind Regards
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She's already told you she's shy and by the sounds of it, she is.
    Getting you to delete the picture of you guys is probably because she doesnt like the way she looks in it.
    Try taking the initiative next time you meet up, just take her hand to hold dont wait around for her to do anything, just go in for a kiss if you think the mood/time is right.
    Shy girls are awesome, when they get to know you and open up a bit more its like being part of some secret club :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thats fair enough, but her body language/position stops me from holding her hand. For example, she will always have something in the hand next to me, and if I swap sides, she changes hands.

She is really shy bless her, and I love her to bits. We have great trust in each other, but I think she is waiting for something to happen, or some form of greater trust to develop before she opens up.

We are "taking things slow" which is good, but I just feel we need to get somewhere.