Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Photography help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

So I run a website for photographers, but I don't actually do any myself but I really want to. I just want a nice camera, nothing too fancy just one that is generally good in every way it can be. I'm not looking to spend shit loads here, just something to fill my time somehow. Anything highly priced I'd prefer to spend on like a computer so yeah.

Ideally I'd like it from Argos for ease of buying. But if there are any trusted websites out there, then I'm game.

I'm not looking to buy now either, but hopefully in a few months if my money flow increases. So I wont like a model that will be outdated within a few months if possible. Or even news etc on upcoming releases for the next year.

Comments

• Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »

I'm not looking to buy now either, but hopefully in a few months if my money flow increases. So I wont like a model that will be outdated within a few months if possible. Or even news etc on upcoming releases for the next year.

The midrange camera market can be pretty fast moving, so you might be better posting this closer to the buying time. That said, some dependable models are the likes of the Fuji Finepix or the panasonic Lumix range. Or if you want to spend more you could look at Canon Powershot or similar. Try www.dpreview.com
  • Options
    umm, cannon out let is good, reburbished cameras and other cannon products :)
    itss an EBAY thing so u have to get on it quickly but u can generally get a decent bit of kit with a good discount
  • Options
    If I were you, I would go to a camera shop and tell them what you want, also tell them your spending budget!
  • Options
    Canon are doing £50 cashback on the Eos500d at the moment. £529 all in from John Lewis.

Depends how much you wanna spend of course, but if you're in it for the long haul I'd suggest getting an SLR instead of a point and shoot or bridge camera.