Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Difficult situation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hope you don't mind, i deleted this as solved the problem with short, sharp straight forward :) Thanks everyone

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately, it sounds as though your mate has misinterpreted your willingness to listen to his problems as some sort of attraction and has, in his mind anyway, embarked on an emotional affair with you. You may think that he isn't a lying cheat, but this sort of affair can be just as destructive as the "real thing" as he builds himself an alternative reality where he can fantasize about being with you - all the time becoming more and more distant from his wife. There is a useful article on TheSite describing the difference between friendship and emotional affairs: http://www.thesite.org/thesite.org/sexandrelationships/couples/relationshipissues/emotionalaffairs.

You probably need to put your cards on the table and let him know you are not interested before things escalate.
  • Options
    you need to tell him youre not interested and hes totally got the wrong end of the stick about you.
    Then you need to avoid him from now on
  • Options
    you need to tell him youre not interested and hes totally got the wrong end of the stick about you.
    Then you need to avoid him from now on

:yes:
  • Options
    Situation sorted. Thanks for the posts :)
  • Options
    Now that you have deleted it, no one in the same situation will ever be able to benefit from the advice given to you. You're mean! :)
  • Options
    Sorry, didn't think of it like that :) Sort of regretted writing it as just found out our mutual friend is on death's door in hospital and i felt rather guilty for bothering about this now. Bit daft i know. :blush: