Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Family Issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am having a hard time from my brother and it is really getting me down i dont know what to do anymore :(

Comments

• Options
    What is he doing that upsets you? If it's nothing serious, just the cumulation of little things you could approach the situation as a potential self improvement area- "how to get someone to stop being annoying" is a useful skill, as is conflict resolution. Some things are just what happens between siblings, other things obviously aren't so it would help if we knew what kind of a hard time he's giving you?
  • Options
    Well he is just be nasty and stuff he knows it will work cuz i am weak
  • Options
    What age is he? He sounds about 6! He sounds very immature. You must remember that aggression is the first sign of insecurity, so he's obviously not in a good place & doesn't have a clue how to deal with it, & is taking it out on you. I know this might sound strange, but if you write him a letter telling him how his treatment of you feels... I did this with my own brother when I was 20 ( he was 22 & used to give me a hard time) & we've never fought since, I swear to god! It worked for me anyway. If in time, he's still being nasty etc, go to one of your parents about it? Bullying you isn't on & if you stand up to a bully they usually stop. you are not weak, your brother is the weak one for doing this to his own flesh & blood!
  • Options
    yeh i agree with navyblue - he does soun really immature - although i do have the same issue with my bro and hes 21. Hes probably really insecure and is probably taking it out on someone that he knows how to push the right buttons with. Its not fair that he is bullying you like that....i still get it with my bro but i live away from home now so i can ignore it.
    xx
  • Options
    flower123 wrote: »
    yeh i agree with navyblue - he does soun really immature - although i do have the same issue with my bro and hes 21. Hes probably really insecure and is probably taking it out on someone that he knows how to push the right buttons with. Its not fair that he is bullying you like that....i still get it with my bro but i live away from home now so i can ignore it.
    xx

thanks Flower123. I've not fought with my brother in 14 years since I wrote him that letter! He now lives in scotland, (we're from Ireland) & he told me recently he kept the letter! I'm 35 in December & it's a wonderful feeling to know you can get on with your siblings, even if it takes until you are a bit older. Teenage years & 20's can be hard, but as time goes on you realise that family is the most important thing of all!:)