Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

All's fine - *ch-ch-changes*

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

Just to let you know we've made a few changes across TheSite to try and help deal with some recent spam issues.

We've been able to sort out the user group issues pretty quickly (though I got distracted by Tim Schafer's free point 'n' click adventure which held things up : )

If you have any problems on the website, do let us know and we make sure my kicking around in the innards didn't do any permanent damage...

Anyway, for those that are curious, what we've done is change what a new user can do. From now on a new user can't add a sig until they've posted a small number of times and can only keep and send a small number of private messages.

This should help with spam - especially spam where we've had people sign up and post spam in sigs without posting on TheSite - just using us as a landing page from other spammage. So hopefully that'll help (I'm looking at you, you French fools)

Your accounts shouldn't be affected but we've also quickly reviewed the k size of av's and private message storage a bit. You should now be able to upload av's just under 50k and store up to 100 private messages.

Any questions, just ask :)

Comments

• Options
    YAY! thanks guys
    spambots were annoying the hell of me
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Woot. Mr V rules. :)
  • Options
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Any chance we can have the delete posts feature back whilst you're at it? :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :thumb:
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Any chance we can have the delete posts feature back whilst you're at it? :p
    for once i agree with you!

But then we'll have little shits deleting posts left right and centre for no valid reason
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    for once i agree with you!

But then we'll have little shits deleting posts left right and centre for no valid reason

Or people making posts that break the rules and then deleting them.