Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

periods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there, i am just wondering if anyone can help or give me any advice?
I came off the contaceptive implant about 6 months ago as it didn't agree with me. Since then my periods have been fine, lasting about 5 days every 4-5weeks. I have been using condoms and have tested clear for all STIs. But this month i have had my usual period and i have now been bleeding for almost 2 weeks, this isn't normal for me and i am getting worried. My moods are all over the place, even though i haven't had any of the usual stomach aches etc. I have been quite stressed lately and finding it hard to cope with things and this is the last thing that i needed! I am not sure weather to go to my GP tomorrow or not.

Any advice is welcomed
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The stress could be the problem!
  • Options
    I think (but don't quote me) 3 weeks is the time you should be worried, i think 2 weeks is abnormal, but probably due to stress *hugs*
  • Options
    periods

thanks guys
    i had thought maybe it was just stress, i think i will wait til the end of the week and see how i am then.
    :)
  • Options
    Yeh... i'm sure there is only so much womb lining you can have! hehe x
  • Options
    I had a similar problem when I was on the injection (which, according to my doctor is the same hormone as the implant but in smaller amounts *orsomething*). My first period was 4 and a half weeks, and my next one was 6 weeks-2 months later and lasted a whopping 10 weeks.

If you're worried, take a trip to the doctor. Can't hurt :).