Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Music to cope with SH

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You'd be amazed how much broken glass there is on the streets of citys, if u watch the ground the stuff is bloody everywhere and god its triggering seeing it all :banghead: . Anyway im going to a haloween party 2night and me and my friends have all made costums and now im shitting myself becuase the costums has short sleeves :( . Anyway back to the music thing, i read that it can help to listen to music when u have SH urges but all my music is angery metal/rock/punk which isnt great for calming me down. so i was wondering what bands/types of music people listen to to calm them down?

thanx

smiling politely

Comments

• Options
    You will look amazing so don't worry about it - they ain't going to be looking at your arms. Trust me i went to a concert for P!nk last week and i was shitting myself - i went in a dress and they legs are covered with marks and quite badly scarred - thankfully no one noticed and i felt ok and felt that i could be myself. Music sounds really good - i may try to listen to music instead of s/h as i know that i hate doing it but atm with my BPD i just can't not do it - its become the thing that i can control and i know that it is dangerous. Last time it was my food and now this - i don't know what is worse....i hate it so much but why do i do it????
    hope you have a good nite.
    HaPpY hAlLoWeEn
    love
    jennie
    xxxx
  • Options
    Thanx for the replys guys, i had a great night and no one noticed my arms :) Next time ill try listening to some of this music. In fact i havent s/h in 3 days now so im feeling gd :yippe:

*hugs*
    happy halloween
    smiling politely
  • Options
    heya,
    thats great. Im glad that you had a good time......its fantastic that you ain't s/h in 3 days - im really proud of you as i know how difficult it can be....i ain't either for at least 4/5 days but i have the urge too which is always there in the back of my mind...
    love jennie
    xxxx
  • Options
    try ska & reggae, happy music :)