Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do you think this went?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hope you can give some opinions

I went with a drink after work with a girl ive been working with since february (shes a temp like me). I did kind of fancy her before, shes 29 and im 23 but she looks around my age but what the hell.

Anyway, we had a few drinks after work , and she did seem to enjoy talking in the bar with me. She can be a shy person like I am probably needs some drinks to open up (The workplace is boring and depressing and I cant be) Occasionally when she laughed with me, she would tap or touch my knee and would ask a lot of questions about me. She complimented me a lot of times , generally about work and how I know a lot about the job and she comes to me if she needs a bit of help etc and that I could easily get a better job

She also asked whether I had a girlfriend who smoked before (she smokes , and has a smoke on her work break etc and also went outside for one whilst we were at the bar...). I thought that question kind of came out of nowhere, and at that time, we werent talking about relationships.

When she looked at an old passport photo, she commented that I looked beautiful now and tapped me again on my knee.

Oh yeah when we were standing outside, she asked if i was cold, i said no (which i wasent), she made some joke about my nipple being hard lol. Anyway she then mentioned something about guys who dont have hair on their chests and she doesnt really like it, but she gathered I did. I said yeah i do, and she goes can I see? So she had a little glimpse of my chest hair between the shirts!

On the train back home, she also asked "what are you thinking" when there was a break in conversation. I know what i was thinking, maybe she did as well. But again, thats a strange question to ask (she also asked it at the pub)

Bearing in mind we both had a few drinks, do you think she was just being really friendly, or was this an attempt of flirting and maybe she does like me. Obviously I would like to think she does fancy me but I cannot tell. I have been bad at reading signals in the past with women. I have been on 3dates this year and they were not really touchey (or is that just being polite).

Come on ladies and gents, do you see this as flirting. Hopefully its not a case of her leading me on

Comments

• Options
    Only you can know the answer to that really. She sounds a bit flirty, but then maybe she wasnt and you're just hoping she was. You were actually there so only you can judge how she was with you. Just play it by ear and try to read/go with whatever situation arises
  • Options
    Sounds to me like it went really well. Being touchy with a person is a sign of being flirty and i sont think she ask about your chest hair if she was just being friendly!
    Ask her out again and she how it goes second time round.
  • Options
    Well she actually suggested going to the pub as we were making our seperate ways after work (we both agree people at work should be more fun and arrange work socials etc... we like a drink or two)

So ill ask her next week. Its make or break.

I think when she asked if i had a girlfriend who smoked before, that may have been a hint! And of course the chest hair thing was also something. I hope im not wrong :(
  • Options
    just read the first 2 paragraphs, but I think you're in.
  • Options
    well i will be flirting more next week with her and then make a move. Shall i leave it till friday when we will probably go for a drink or do it sooner . I just want to see if she does contine flirting and that could hasten my decision! Though by the sounds of it she does like me, but it needed a few drinks to show it.

Hopefully she is not leading me on!
  • Options
    Come on guys, I need some advice how to proceed :) When should I ask her to "go out" for a drink or another place
  • Options
    jamjam wrote: »
    Come on guys, I need some advice how to proceed :) When should I ask her to "go out" for a drink or another place

When you next see her, if you don't she might think that you didn't enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    Ill be seeing her at work tomorrow so soon
  • Options
    Go for it!
  • Options
    Do it! :)
  • Options
    She wasent in today, but I will do it this week! Hopefully we will go for a drink again and hopefully she keeps the flirting going, and ill throw some back as well, then move in ;)
  • Options
    Well i think it may be set for friday, i casually dropped in that I owe her a drink from last week and i need to make it up and she said definitely! So hopefully we will be going to the bar on friday.

I just got this bad thought in the back of my mind that she really may not have known she was flirting (even though she was sober most of the time). I dont know, ive been let down so many times by women and being led on as well.

Hopefully it will not be the case, she will flirt with me on friday (i hope), i will return. The only way I will know is if I kiss her which i do plan to
  • Options
    Exactly what you said, you wont ever know unless you go for it! Everyone gets nervous with dates and things, wondering if they really like you or not. Just go for it and see what happens :)
  • Options
    I will go for it, but i just hope it wasent a one off flirting by her :flirt:
  • Options
    Im on antibiotics for a week now so i wont be able to drink alcohol on friday, oh well shouldnt make a difference.

I know ive said it before (and probably boring you), but im still a bit scared she will shoot me down if i approach her or if she doesnt flirt at all now. What shall i do to calm myself in that situation
  • Options
    She mentioned she wasent feeling too well today, and she said that drinking alcohol may not be a good idea tomorrow but she said she will see. I dont mind really, but i do wanna have some time with her like last week. The more I think I about it, the more I think she may have been leading me on but who knows.

But she wouldnt have asked me that I should come out with her friends sometime (unless she got extremely drunk on a half a pint and didnt know what she was saying!)

Or maybe shes planning to flirt more on friday ;) I still dont know how anyone can be fairly quiet and unassuming at work, but flirt away from the workplace? I hope she realises she was flirting!

So basically dont know if its on until tomorrow.

Do you think she will still be interested, is she playing games or just keeping it quiet at work?
  • Options
    Dude there's only 1 way to find out and that's to make a move on her,don't pounce on her thou.
    It's usually easy to suss out if a girl likes you or not and from the sounds of it she was flirting with you and was probable waiting on you making a move.
    Just make sure you don't leave it to late and miss your chance!
  • Options
    Just an update

Nothing happened last week, i was on antibiotics, she was also not feeling well and was a bit poor money wise as well so we both decided against going to the bar last week.

But I am hoping we will go for one this week at least on friday, then I can make my move. Hopefully it wont be too late, shouldnt it? Thats the only thing im worried about (and getting rejected of course)
  • Options
    I went for it today, told her how i felt and unfortunately it didnt go well. She didnt come right out with no. but 3 main reasons why:

1) She met up with ex last week and are now in a situation etc...she wants to see what happens but she did stress that they are not together...

2) Age difference, shes been with older guys before and prefers older guys than someone younger.

3) She mentioned as she was a strong woman, she would prefer a very strong man to "keep her in check", maybe someone a little more commanding. That was a little hard to take, as we havent even been on a date before, and I act different in relationships in that respect but oh well.

I did ask her honestly if she could imagine herself kissing me and if she found me physically attractive and she did say she could. That was probably the best bit

So yeah i feel a bit down :no:

I'm gonna leave it now as i know I will not get her to change her mind all of a sudden, even if things dont go well with her ex. But I really appreciated her honesty. Just gonna be awkward for a few days at work when i see her/think of her
  • Options
    Ah sorry to hear that. Unfortunately thats the way it goes and at least you know now instead of waiting and waiting.
  • Options

3) She mentioned as she was a strong woman, she would prefer a very strong man to "keep her in check", maybe someone a little more commanding. That was a little hard to take, as we havent even been on a date before, and I act different in relationships in that respect but oh well.

run for the hills. You wouldn't want to be with her anyway after such a statement.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    run for the hills. You wouldn't want to be with her anyway after such a statement.

I suppose so really, just still disappointed.

She mentioned though in later conversation that I would make a good husband. Really?! So she rejected me but she said I would make a descent husband. Someone make sense of this, I dont know if that was a compliment or a negative aspect to have
  • Options
    I suppose so really, just still disappointed.

She mentioned though in later conversation that I would make a good husband. Really?! So she rejected me but she said I would make a descent husband. Someone make sense of this, I dont know if that was a compliment or a negative aspect to have

a good husband to cheat on after a few years and finally a good husband for a messy divorce. That's what I expect from a women who needs to be "held in check."