Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sticky Situation :S Please help...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So..

My friend is going out with someone, and they have liked each other for a while, but only just got together.
Everything was going great but noooow....One of my friends best friends likes her bf. And...I think he could like her back.
I got told that she likes him, by my boyfriend and he told me I couldnt tell anyone...But...I think my friend should know, because she's worried that something is gonna happen with her bf and her friend.

Tonight she told me she was worried about it.
I told her not to worry.
Now I find out..She has a reason to worry :S.
What do I do?

That may seem complicated...Because I say 'friend' allot..So...Heres a version using letters :P

a + b are going out.
c (a's friend) likes b.
b might like c, but really liked a.
My boyfriend told me not to tell anyone that c likes b.

What do I do? /:

Comments

• Options
    Depends on how good friends you are with person "a".

I have learned however to keep my nose out of other people's relationship business, because you end up as the asshole an uncanny amount of times if you try to play referee in a game you are not involved.
  • Options
    We're really good friends /:
    She tells me everything..And...She really likes 'b' ..
    She asked me tonight, and last night...If she has anything to worry about and I told her she wouldnt ><
  • Options
    Dems wrote: »
    We're really good friends /:
    She tells me everything..And...She really likes 'b' ..
    She asked me tonight, and last night...If she has anything to worry about and I told her she wouldnt ><

It's a toughie. On the one hand, that's what friends are for: They try to protect you from harm like that (especially if she is already asking you if she has to worry), on the other hand: people in relationships, especially rather young ones tend to be fatuous and in denial if you break this info to them. When I want to be with a girl and people warn me about her I tend not to listen to them, even tho in a objective manner I could never disagree with them. But you just disavow it and be grumpy to those who do not agree with you.

Because of that I found it easier to just let it come as it comes and catch their fall before they crash and burn.

You can always decide otherwise however, if you have the feeling she is really suspecting something and in search of the truth, but you should just give them the info you have and if they start to be in denial, don't try to persuade them or persist on your point.
  • Options
    Well... /:

Today I found out that 'b' also likes 'c'.
    I really dont know if I should tell 'a' >.<. Shes upset about it all and thinks that he is going off her....
    It would ruin 'a' and 'c's friendship, and 'a' and 'b's relationship, as well as friendship.

Im worried that 'a' will be angry if she finds out I know about it all but I promised my boyfriend I wouldnt say anything.../:

I really dont want her to be upset...She just told me she really likes him ...And I know he likes another person /:

Tough decisionnnss >< ):