Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Something quite disgusting

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
There was something on my butt that I thought was a zit. Far from the hole, it was just a little below where my buttocks begin.

A couple of weeks ago it burst, or something. And since then it seems to be producing some kind of... thing. I thought it was blood at first, and I guess it might be blood anyway, but I'm not sure.
It's sometimes liquid, other times solid (like a scab, so I thought it was just healing). But water seemed to soften it when I had a shower, and now it felt like some kind of... goo, still dark in colour. It smelled strange too, I can't really describe how.

It's been over 2 weeks now and it hasn't healed, although the "zit" seems to be getting smaller.
How worried should I be? Does anyone have any idea what that thing is?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hmmm could be a boil? or a pore that has been blocked with pus (like..an ingrown hair type situation) have you had a chance to look at it in a mirror?
  • Options
    yeah sounds like a boil to me
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I can't see too much on a mirror, due to the position and the fact that my neck can't turn enough. All I see is the "goo" (pus?) when it's there.
    So what do I do about it?
  • Options
    Hey Indrid,

We would strongly advise you to see your Doctor. It sound's like the area could be infected and if it hasn't healed in 2 weeks, it's definitely worth getting a health professional to check it out.

Do you have a close friend / partner / family member who could take a look at it for you? They should be able to get a clearer look than you looking through the mirror?

Let us know how you get on :)
  • Options
    It sounds like a boil as already said. My fella had one for quite a while, maybe a month, due to him picking it as men do, and so it took a while to heal, I'm sure you'll survive though :)
  • Options
    It's definitely worth having a doctor look at it.

Also have a look at pilonidal sinus on internet, your descriptions a bit vague but could be that and if it is then definitely worth getting a medical opinion on it.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    It sounds like a boil as already said. My fella had one for quite a while, maybe a month, due to him picking it as men do, and so it took a while to heal, I'm sure you'll survive though :)

I didn't think boiled smelt.

Anyway i would also say get it checked as it shouldnt smell.