Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

flirty lecturers!

Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
Hi it’s EmilyRubrick here, the journalist on our new website www.lifetracks.com. I’m putting together an article on how to deal with flirty lecturers and I’m looking for people who fancy, or have fancied, or have even started a relationship with, their lecturer at uni and would be prepared to tell me their story. You can be anonymous if you like – we’re very careful about protecting people’s identities if they don’t wish to go public.

The article is part of a series of articles on how to deal with relationships that cross the line, including sleeping with your boss. So if you’ve ever got carried away at the Christmas party it would also be great to hear from you as well.

The aim of these articles is to help people who are in tricky relationship situations deal with them - not to sensationalise anyone's experience.

Thanks - looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know a story about a lecturer, I can't go into too much detail. Suffice to say he had an affair with a student and it was against the uni rules, and his wife found out.
    Absolutely destroyed his life.
  • Options
    Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yeah this sort of thing seems to be surprisingly common! Do you think the individual involved would talk to me about it?

Would you be able to tell me a bit more by emailing me - emma.rubach@youthnet.org.

Thanks Emma
  • Options
    Do you think the individual involved would talk to me about it?

I doubt he would, I only know of him and his story from what others have said. Sorry, was only using it as an example for discussion, not for further enquiry.
  • Options
    I have the opposite problem - I'm a teacher at a university - I'm not much older than my students and have had a few problems with the male ones and what is appropriate.
  • Options
    My friend is currently dating our lecturer, it's probably quite common but she won't want to write about it that's for sure.