Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help.Please.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep looking at various things such as knifes or scissors even my razor and wanting to just stab myself with them.

I'm a big day dreamer too and i keep day dreaming about falling off buildings of jumping off things and doing my self damage.

Also I tend to doodle stuff. and sometimes i draw little stick people with angry faces or shooting things etc.

its starting to scare me as these feelings seem to be getting worse.

my friends have seen some of my doodles and i tell them how i feel sometimes near a knife or something sharp. they reckon im just being attention seeking but honestly im not.

what can i do? im tempted to just roll up in some cotton wool :l

any advice would be nice

Comments

• Options
    Well first of all your not being attention seeking. :)

To be honest I'm going through something very similar and it's tough. So I can totally relate.

Is there anyone you can talk to? Any hobbies that you can do to take your mind off it?
  • Options
    i've got college and that distracting me its just when i have free periods and my friends dont and the lates nights on my own :l
    im glad im not alone in this situation :)
  • Options
    Have you ever thought about talking to your gp or someone at your college about it?

It's tough at night! And when your on your own, I think you need to find something to distract yoursellf. Like drawing or music?
  • Options
    Hi Steph-S :wave:

Thanks for posting and hopefully like you say you can see that you're not on your own with this situation.

Have you got anyone that you can talk to about how you are feeling? Maybe family, your GP or someone at college, either a tutor or college counsellor? Has something happened recently that has sparked off these feelings? You mention you've talked a bit about how you're feeling with your friends, do you think you could explain to them a bit more so they can understand rather than just think you're attention seeking?

As notanotherusername suggests it would be good to do some kind of a hobby to take your mind of things, maybe reading, writing down how you're feeling, watching a film or chatting to others on TheSite!

Remember there are people who can help and who want to, plus there's loads of support for you on here - maybe check out a few of the articles, like this one about feeling low and also the section on health and wellbeing which gives you lots of information about looking after yourself and keeping in touch with how you're feeling.

Keep posting and take it easy :thumb:
  • Options
    yeah... I get that feeling too when am around sharp objects... especially steak knives. >_<

anyway, I totally agree, having a hobby or doing something to take your mind off of it would definitely help. it would also be helpful if you're with friends who take you seriously. because if they're the same as my friends, when they see that am getting... a little giddy around sharp objects, they tend to take them away from me. sometimes, even the scissors with the dulled edges. haha.

but if you can't find a hobby and that moment comes up again, look for something easy to do but will require your concentration. like for example math problems or remembering a lines from movies or books you've seen or read. this may sound a little stupid, but what works for me is folding paper. when i feel like that or have thoughts I shouldn't be having, I just find a piece of paper and make a frog or a dove. but again, that's just me. hope this helps. :)
  • Options
    I've also had this experience, especially when i'm feeling depressed but hyper- think my councillor called it 'intrusive thoughts' - i agree with the above posts- distraction is the key! (for me.. talking to another person helps/ having another person around)