Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

baby survives after being run over by a train!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I watched the video earlier, it's unbelievable! It's amazing that the baby wasn't seriously injured or killed.
  • Options
    I saw that a min ago on the news... I felt so sorry for the mother, just having to stand and watch :-(
    X
  • Options
    that video made me cry.

I have that pushchair and you have to be so careful with it because it just rolls away really easily. I can totally imagine that happening. She only let go to pull her trousers up. Absolutely breathtakingly scary
  • Options
    Technically, it was pushed along by the train, rather than being run-over. But yes, it was a very lucky escape!
  • Options
    that video made me cry.

I have that pushchair and you have to be so careful with it because it just rolls away really easily. I can totally imagine that happening. She only let go to pull her trousers up. Absolutely breathtakingly scary

i know me too, mainly because of thinking how traumatised she must be and the reaction of the people around her...gives me shivers. im so glad the baby is okay, so lucky.
  • Options
    I felt so awful for the mother and I'm so so glad the baby is okay. Really really shocking
  • Options
    BING - BONG

We appologise for the late arrival of the 13:50 from Clapham Junction. This is due to the wrong sort of baby being on the line.

BING - BONG
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That was awful to watch... But imagine the relief he turned out to be perfectly fine.
  • Options
    God that'd be the worst thing in the world...
  • Options
    I actually feel a little sick.
  • Options
    Everything else aside, I really, really hope this isn't going to make her into one of those overprotective mothers; never letting him out of her sight etc.
  • Options
    well it wouldnt surprise me. You couldnt blame her
  • Options
    OMG that is awful:(

So glad the baby is ok and poor mum going thru that, not worth thinking about.

Thats why I think 'freight trains' and trains that dont stop at every station NEED to go through stations slowly, its horrible when your standing at the station and a really fast train goes thru!
  • Options
    Thats horrible, i felt sick just watching that.

Im so glad that the baby is fine though!
  • Options
    well it wouldnt surprise me. You couldnt blame her
    It wouldn't surprise me either, but having seen this kind of person I can tell it's not a good thing for the kid...
  • Options
    oh come on. the baby is six months old. Its just had the luckiest escape from death possible.
    Do you really think that whether the mother might possibly become a bit overprotective is that important an issue in the grand scheme of things or in the light of whats just happened?

Your comment has really pissed me off
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me either, but having seen this kind of person I can tell it's not a good thing for the kid...

I think any normal person would be overprotective if their child was saved by nothing short of a miracle.

Would you be the same? Just imagine if that was your brother or sister (i know its a horrible thought and im sorry) but surely you can empathize? (spelling?!)
  • Options
    oh come on. the baby is six months old. Its just had the luckiest escape from death possible.
    Do you really think that whether the mother might possibly become a bit overprotective is that important an issue in the grand scheme of things or in the light of whats just happened?

Your comment has really pissed me off
    Sorry to hear you're pissed off.
    I never said it was "that important an issue in the grand scheme of things". It was simply a comment.

I never said I couldn't empathize either. Of course I'd want to be overprotective too, but I hope I'd keep in mind that overprotective parents are a problem as well and hold myself back. Still better than neglecting ones of course, but still a problem for the kid's future mental development.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're pissed off.
    I never said it was "that important an issue in the grand scheme of things". It was simply a comment.

I never said I couldn't empathize either. Of course I'd want to be overprotective too, but I hope I'd keep in mind that overprotective parents are a problem as well and hold myself back. Still better than neglecting ones of course, but still a problem for the kid's future mental development.

:thumb:

yep i agree. that baby was so so so lucky!

but it would suck if its mum became too overprotective because of it. overprotectiveness sucks and screws you up, i know first hand.
  • Options
    Id rather have an over protective mother than be dead.
  • Options
    greenday88 wrote: »
    :thumb:

yep i agree. that baby was so so so lucky!

but it would suck if its mum became too overprotective because of it. overprotectiveness sucks and screws you up, i know first hand.

But the mother cant help it, she just cant switch her motherly instinctics/protection off, especially after something like that.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Id rather have an over protective mother than be dead.

well exactly.

I just think its weird to comment on how her parenting skills might or might not be affected by this
  • Options
    Either way, that kid was bloody lucky! and if the parents become overprotective or not, at the minute doesn't really matter. If i was her i would just be happy to have the kid back and in my arms.
  • Options
    Either way, that kid was bloody lucky! and if the parents become overprotective or not, at the minute doesn't really matter. If i was her i would just be happy to have the kid back and in my arms.
    It must certainly make her appreciate what she has.