Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

one for the girls...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im just wondering if this is normal really. Does anyone else get period pain when they are not one their period? I call it period pain coz that is exactly what it feels like. I don't think its anything to do with ovulation coz i get a different feeling for that and it doesn't always coincide with when i am ovulating. Its the same crampy achy feeling as period pain just without the period.

I have had STD checks and all that jazz and have always come back fine and have had the same partner before and after my last one so i know im fine.

Just wondered if anyone else gets these pains coz i've never really heard anyone else say "oooo, i get the most terrible cramps etc even when i'm not on"

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    some people get ovulation pains mid cycle
  • Options
    When are you getting the pain?
  • Options
    I get it the day before.
  • Options
    can be any time within cycle, there is no pattern.
  • Options
    Yea i usually get them even when I'm not on. This week was supposed to be my pill break but instead i've carried on with the next pack to avoid a period and I've gotten the dull achy feeling a lil bit. Think its just your body going through the cycle, egg bring released etc, nothing to worry about
  • Options
    I get this quite often, now also along with a major cramping pain for a few hours.
    If its bad enough to really bother you, go to your doctor. It may be a simple cyst or something, but its best to get it checked out just to be sure.
    I got reffered to gynae and now theyre looking at it being a case of leaving it so long im now possibly infertile.
    Its not worth messing around with so if its bothering you go and see your gp, even if it just puts your mind at rest that nothing is wrong :)
  • Options
    I have periods on and off. But I always get the pains! From the 15th to the 21 of EVERY month I get really bad pains :-( Just have a hot water bottle, get all blokes to fuck off, and watch jeremy kyle. Lol x
    X
  • Options
    I used to get period pains in the middle of my cycle and when I was younger I would get them the day after sexdue to my cervix being hit. I think things like this are always worth seeing a doctor about as you would probably be referred fora scan so u can see if anything is going on