Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

so stressed!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm getting so stressed out at the moment. I've had a horrible year and have had to keep going and keep my chin up and try to carry on as normal, but I think it has tipped me over the edge!

People are massively annoying me :banghead: Work is horrible, people are lazy/thick/slack etc etc, and where I'm normally level-headed and patient I'm finding myself snapping at people and constantly moaning. I've got a feeling in my head, the only way I can describe it is a sort of pressure, and I have been feeling really light headed today.

It's not just at work, it's people in general, including the guy who totally walked out right in front of me coming out of the supermarket this afternoon then looked at me like dirt like I was in his way :banghead: Normally I would be moving out of his way regardless of who was at fault but instead I just glared at him and tutted and felt rage inside me!

I know why this has happened (I don't want to go on about everything that has happened this year but I'm not looking for answers as to what has caused this), I just need some advice on how I can get back to feeling and acting my normal self again. :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,

Sound's like this year has been a tough one for you and that you are feeling pretty stressed out at the moment. It's really good that you are self aware and able to recognise when people are annoying you more than normal, and that you are reacting to situations differently.

It's really difficult to say what will work for you in making you feel your normal self again. Some of the tips and advice in the 'coping with stress' page may be of some help to you - check out the 'related articles' and 'next steps' sections to the right hand side of the page too.

Keep posting and Take care - :)