Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dry shampoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry, another one!

I saw some dry shampoo in Bodycare today. I knew it existed (having used it on animals before) but wondered whether it was worth buying.

I'm going to the gym at Uni (induction tomorrow) probably 3x a week, before lectures. I have at least a 40minute commute to get there, so having a shower at home after the gym isn't an option. My hair is long and usually takes a good 30minutes to blow dry, I'm not sure what the gym facilties are like.

Obviously it's coming into winter and I don't want to be wandering around with wet hair. Assuming I work hard enough to get a sweat on, would the Batiste dry shampoo be sufficient to stop me stinking?

Comments

• Options
    basiste is amaze and i cant live without it! haha. :)
  • Options
    I use it for the occasional time when I can't be bothered to wash my hair when it needs it. It works well, and smells ok, just make sure you brush it out properly otherwise it turns your hair a little grey. I wouldn't buy the boots one though, I've found it doesn't work as well. There are some other companies out there that make some too, Toni and Guy and ones like that which are normally good too.

I would shower as well though without getting your hair in it, which I'm sure you meant you were going to do anyway!
  • Options
    Oh yes, definitely going to shower, but will put my hair up out of the way. :)

I'll buy some next week and give it a shot. Even if it just does me until the evening when I can wash my hair, I'll feel better than wandering around having just left it.
  • Options
    batiste is the only one out of the dry shampoos that actually work.

It does stop your hair looking greasy (as long as its not too greasy in the first place) but im not sure if it will be much good for sweaty hair.
    I guess you could give it a try
  • Options
    I use it if I am going somewhere after the gym and not going straight home to wash my hair. I just give it a quick blst with the dryer then use the dry shampoo and it works. I wash my hair when I get home.

My hair is a pain and would take forever to dry and I'd have to lug my straightners to the gym with me which I cba to do. I don't even have to take a towel I just hire one from the gym :thumb:
  • Options
    basiste is amaze and i cant live without it! haha. :)

:yes: i use this quite alot on my fringe!

i wash my hair everyday so shouldn't have to use this but my fringe can go manky so so easily! batiste sorts it out though :D
  • Options
    :yes: i use this quite alot on my fringe!

i wash my hair everyday so shouldn't have to use this but my fringe can go manky so so easily! batiste sorts it out though :D

Exactly the same as me. I love the Batiste stuff :)
  • Options
    Sainsburys do a really good powder version rather than a spray which works realllly well on sweaty wet looking hair :)

cant live without it, and its only about 80p a bottle!
  • Options
    Another thing to be jelous of. This dry shampoo sounds nice as sometimes I wake up with some matty hair even though I showered right before bed and don't have time for another. I looked it up and I can only find stuff for $10 a bottle! I should come visit, buy pallets of them and start my own business here :p
  • Options
    you should move to england manda.

its a zillion times better :p
  • Options
    Theres lots of good stuff here, just not dry shampoo :p
    Plus I'd probably be murdered the first day I tried to drive there with all your can't drive in the middle lane rules :p
  • Options
    lulu_lupo wrote: »
    Sainsburys do a really good powder version rather than a spray which works realllly well on sweaty wet looking hair :)

cant live without it, and its only about 80p a bottle!

Ahhh i neeed this!! When I go sailing I can't take aerosols onboard and showers are lacking....Can't find it on the website though... anyone else know of any non-aerosol dry shampoo?
  • Options
    The powder stuff sounds good. Shame I never really get a chance to go to Sainsburys.