Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice please....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

To explain my situation I have worked in France for most of the last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Came back in August and since then have been looking round for work.

I graduated in 2007. I applied for many jobs but did voluntary work for MIND at the same time and got a part time position in June 08 and then went to France in Sept 08.

I was unwell whilst at university and still see a consultant psychiatrist.

Looking at what I have done since university I think I have made the right decisions as being involved with MIND has allowed me to do courses, meet people who have had similar problems and I have done a lot to improve myself through a range of things I have done there such as self help groups, talking to others, courses.

I feel every time I go there I gain something and have made friends there and got references for going to France. I think it's turned out to be an excellent decision.

When I saw the psychiatrist he said I could actually work with someone on his team which I found flattering.

Basically the question is there are more courses coming up and they are going to do a WRAP for work, so is it better to not apply too hard for jobs and continue doing what I'm doing ?

I've really enjoyed going there, but if I get a job then can't do the courses.

I think my health and happiness is more important than money and a job and I think a lot of people have problems through work - a lady I know in a support group in her 30s is stressed through work.

I'm living at home again now after moving back from France, but I think my friend said it right when he said it's an investment. Someone I spoke to recently said she thought it's best to get the problems sorted as with some people they can continue to have problems for a long time and most at MIND are much older than me and have been ill much longer.

I think what I have done since university has been for the best as I think health and happiness has to come first

This is their site, but I think I should take it casually with the job applications. What do you think ?

http://home2.btconnect.com/wirralmind/

Comments

• Options
    Well it sounds to me like you are happier at MIND so maybe it would be better to stay there...

Ultimately it's up to you.. maybe you could make a list of pro's and con's.. ?

sorry can't be more help.
  • Options
    I have read your thread.This is also my regard.I will answer your question as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Ok thanks. Please do
  • Options
    Hi Mark,

It sound's from your last sentence that you have already made your mind up about sticking to what you are doing at MIND for a while longer and then applying for jobs at a later date. As you have said, health and happiness is really important and it seems like you have a lot of training opportunities coming up.

Nutter's idea of doing a pro's and con's list is really good too.

You could also try posting this same thread in the work and study discussion boards? You may get some more work focussed responses?

Keep posting and let us know how you get on, take care - :)
  • Options
    Ok thanks for that