Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mobile phone records

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
ok, bit of an odd question here. i doubt anyone will know the answer.

i have a mobile phone and have had the same O2 number on contract for jeeeezze, 5/6 years now?

if i was to end my contract now and no longer use this number, how long would O2 keep my call/text history for?

also, how long would O2/BT/other phone firms keep theirs for? as in, calls received from my phone.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is on a random website about data retention -

"In the context of the criminal law, the Anti Terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001 Part 11 provides a lengthy code of practice for voluntary retention of communications data.
    To provide security services with a reliable log of mobile and fixed phone calls, telecommunication companies must keep telephone call logs for one year"

That's voluntary retention, so there would seem to be no obligation otherwise, and I would guess under data protection you could ask for your details to be removed after you leave.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's a year... not to sure. But I think if you have been arested ect. by police then the police can keep it too.

I'm not sure, I only know because the police have one of my old mobiles and they said they could keep the records. But I don't know for how long. (I know you didn't mention the police, just adding it incase other people are reading)
    X