Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moving To Dubai

Hey. Well my boyfriend just dropped the bombshell that after school he is moving to Dubai for a year. AHHH! :crying: I love this guy more than anything on this earth. how ever am i going to cope without him!? he has become my world and i cant go a day without thinking about him. Its hit me really hard and im so worried that he will forget about me, even though he assures me that is not possible *he is such a wonderful guy*

Just wondering what peoples views on this were, and whether people had any coping techniques to help me to not go insane.

xx
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    How long is it until he finishes school and has everything been set in stone?
  • Options
    Apparently yes, this is set in stone
  • Options
    Go with him?
  • Options
    how old are you both? Is it a family move?
  • Options
    I think you are panicking a bit, yes it is a big potential change, but how do you know you cant go a day without thinking of him, and anyway whats so wrong with thinking about him everyday when he isnt there?

Ever thought about things been able to work out long distance when he is over there ?
  • Options
    I am 16 and he is almost 17. It is a family move on his part and Mr G I respect what your saying but I never said there was anything wrong with thinking about him all the time, its more the knowing that I cannot see him whenever we want.

I have no doubt we will remain together when he moves. but he is the one person I cant live without and it hurts to think he will be somewhere else for all that time. Maybe I am panicking, but I love him. And I most certainly dont want to lose him

Thanks for all replies x
  • Options
    You are most certainly not going to die just because he isnt there. If your love is strong and you will still be together when he gets back, why try and risk him staying and missing out on a fantastic opertunity. If he pretty much has to go, then im not sure what you can do.