Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am i their last resort?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past week or so it has come to my attention that what i thought could was my friends could have been using me/dislike me, i was just wondering on your opinions on this...

For example the other day we went into town together, i was invited 20 minutes before they was about to leave their house, thankfully i just had a shower and as a man, took me 10 minutes to get ready. If you want someone to go out with you, you let them know if advance, i felt that i was the "oh we need more people to come out, who shall we invite?"

I normally buy them a drink or two but because i have no money (or money to spend on other people) i didnt buy them one, they seem'd disapointed or was only taking me for the drinks.

We all got drunk, however on the drive home they decided that they didnt want me to see a friend/work colleague (which i have known him longer) because i was 'drunk' they was going to leave me in the middle of nowhere, miles from my house and not in a good shape to walk it. Thankfully i stood my ground and said i was going if they didnt want to or not.

Another example is... yesterday

They put on facebook that they wanted to go out again, again they put the list of names that they thought might come to his night out, i was mentioned again and also was my friend who i saw last night in what they put the comment as "free drinks lol".

I talked to another friend and she said that she was going out tonight with them, however she has not received any text about what was going to happen, ie pickup/time/places etc and by this time it was 23:00. I knew they had gone out at the end we put it down to that they went out with their other friends (ones we dont really know) and put it down to that they wanted to keep us seperate, however on facebook it showed pictures of them, their friends, OUR friends and friends we met the night before.

I dont know what to think, because i get on with them so well, i dont want to loose them (tbh they are the only 'friends') however i dont want to be taken as a mug.

what do u think/i do?

Comments

• Options
    Hmm. Tell them how you feel, and if they don't care don't stick with them. I'm sure there are better people out there to hang out with :-)
    If you don't want to leave them completely, then make other friends- but keep them aswell.
    Xx
  • Options
    Yeah i think you can only really find out what is happening if you talk to them. They might realise what they are doing and stop.
  • Options
    Seems like the don't care so much. You don't even consider ditching your friends in the middle of knowhere, drunk.
  • Options
    Hi.

I once had that problem, perhaps you are being a bit paranoid or oversensitive? , Imagine how you will see this situation in 3 years from now, from their prespective, and from an eagle perspective : yeah i know they did some mean things like when they wanted to drop you in the middle of nowhere because you were drunk ,well they were drunk too, so maybe that was a drunk joke.

As for the facebook thing, well that was really mean but probably the guy that posted it was joking (althoug that's an offensive joke unless you are close friends) and remember that , that is the opinion of only 1 guy, don't let one person guide your judge towards a group of people.

And if this hasn't been for long then you are probably quickly judging things.

Also I think you are puting too much importance on this relationship, If they aren't your close friends, you really shouldn't care at all of what they think about you, if you are feeling uncomfortable on this relationship then perhaps you should meet new people and only keep talking with the ones of the group you really like.
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like friends to me. And I don't believe that you "get on well" with them either.