Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Makeup for sensative eyes?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have an eye condition called Blepharitis. It's something older people get usually, but I developed it a couple of years ago. Basically inflammation prevents the glands inside the eyelids secreting oil which means that eyes often feel dry and tired. I also experience increased sensitivity to light, and there is an increased risk of infections such as conjunctivitis.

All that said, I would still like to be able to wear eye makeup on occaision. I have been advised that tinting would not be a good idea.

I buy makeup very rarely, so does anybody know of any brands which pride themselves on being "gentle"?

Comments

• Options
    i don't know of any make up for sensitive eyes, but i wanted to ask how you treat your blepheritis because the boy also has it and suffers really badly with it and no dr has really given him anything to control/soothe it.

ETA: have you tried using mineral make up? there is a thread somewhere on here with loads of info about UK brands (i use US brands so i have no clue)
  • Options
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=132725&highlight=mineral+make+up lily lolo seems to be the recommended brand in England
  • Options
    I'll have a read through that, thank you :)

The biggest thing that helps me is an eye bag from Lumecare. I also use substitute tears during the day, and oily drops at night. I need sunglasses most of the time, so I bought some reactorlites to make it easier to go between inside and outside.

I didn't find the doctors or opticians particularly useful tbh so I did some research, and this is working ok for me at the moment.