Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stretch marks - laser therapy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have put on a lot of weight over the last couple of years, and I have stretch marks to show for it. I have them just below the hips around to the buttocks, and I also have some really dark ones on my inner thigh which seem to be getting worse despite the fact that I'm losing weight through a combination of dieting and increased exercise.

I'm only 21, about 10 and a half stone (size 12-14, naturally curvy and not "fat", but I ought to be about a size 10 really), and I feel really self concious about them, to the point where I won't entertain the idea of wearing a swimming costume and it's affecting my physical relationship with my OH because I feel fat and unattractive and would much rather keep my jeans on. :(

I know that once they are there, they can't be removed and that because I got them young, they should hopefully fade over time, but I was wondering if anybody had tried laser therapy for reducing the appearance?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've had laser surgery but for something else... i was 13/14 at the time and it was very stressful for me.

I have deep scars on my face because of it. :(

If they are really bothering you then go see a dermatologist and get some advice, there may be something else you can do.. really think it through.
    in my opinion there are worse things than stretches marks (that can be covered up..) i have a few myself just from growing.. so, yeah, think it through, get advice..