Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problem with pre-ordering from GAME store

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I pre-ordered a ps3 game online from GAME store. It was despatched on the 16th Sept and I haven't recieved it yet. The game was released on the 18th last week.

Should I email GAME and tell them about it, or, should I wait to see if I get it this week?

Comments

• Options
    You should have had it by now. Contact them if it's not there tomorrow.
  • Options
    The Post Office have a backlog of millions of items to deliver due to the postal strike. Chances are, yours is stuck in the middle of some pile somewhere.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    The Post Office have a backlog of millions of items to deliver due to the postal strike. Chances are, yours is stuck in the middle of some pile somewhere.

True there are strikes that have affected some areas. I'd still check, though.
  • Options
    Great. Didn't know there was a bloody postal strike!!
  • Options
    Is there any way that I could find out where it it? Could I ask at the desk at the sorting office?
  • Options
    Off-topic, but still about Royal Mail - I was expecting a birthday present over the last week which hasn't arrived yet. When was the strike and how long was it for? Cheers.
  • Options
    Is there any way that I could find out where it it? Could I ask at the desk at the sorting office?

Get in contact with GAME, they will need to know ASAP incase it does get lost, that way they know sooner rather than later.

Can i suggest a different site?!.... www.shopto.net are a much better company for getting games from.

If will always get your stuff on release day or before or they compensate you for it and if you order with them before 5pm you get the game the very next day.
  • Options
    Mr CW wrote: »
    Get in contact with GAME, they will need to know ASAP incase it does get lost, that way they know sooner rather than later.

Can i suggest a different site?!.... www.shopto.net are a much better company for getting games from.

If will always get your stuff on release day or before or they compensate you for it and if you order with them before 5pm you get the game the very next day.

I have emailed Game.

Thanks for the link.:thumb: Only had a quick look and the games seem to be £5 cheaper.:)
  • Options
    Got some post today, but still no bloody game.

Or email from Game!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm sure something will turn up, have you tryed to call their customer service line?...

RE Shopto being cheaper, GAME are generally the most expensive company out there, the only advantage they have is they have stores you can walk into and pick a new release up on that day or for spur of the moment buys..

Anyone who's a semi serious gamer and gets everything from GAME need's their head checking i think. :p
  • Options
    I've still have no email.

I've just filled Game's' own Claim Form and sent it this afternoon.
  • Options
    And guess what?..................The stupid fucking game stil hasn't arrived.
  • Options
    Have you complained to the company?
    X
  • Options
    LaLaLa

No.....Not yet. Might ring them and demand they send me another game!!

I try to avoid shopping in the GAME shops, I hate them with a passion. No thanks, like I told the last guy a minute and a half ago, I don't need any help. No, seriously, I don't. Please stop talking now. I don't want to hear about your deals. Please for the love of Mike stop talking to me...no, stop it. Stop. STOP IT!

lol

I might give up with them now and only buy stuff from play.com
  • Options
    Have they definately got the right address for you? Has the order definatey gone through?

If I were you I'd be fuming! I would be inclined to blame it on Royal Mail but Game should still have emailed you by now. A postal worker might have nicked it, that's happened plenty of times around my way.

I've pre-ordered lots from Game and it has always arrived the day before release, but may reconsider after reading what others have put. Gamestation are pretty good as well I think.
  • Options
    I've ordered a few things on Game, so yes they have my address right. They have taken the money out of the bank. And they always take the money out the day the item is despatched.
  • Options
    Checked last night and they have refunded me. It hasn't gone in to my bank yet, so I'll keep checking.
    I bought a specialy edition of the game at Game this morning.