Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cant get her out of my head

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its been a good 6 months since i asked a certain girl out (the answer was no) and i cant seem to get her out of my head, not the "i want to go around her house and look through the window" type of stuff but she just pops in for no reason and i cant get her out of it for hour(s).

I need to get into my head that she's not intrested, I really want to move on, but how?

Comments

• Options
    Hmm I don't think that's particularly healthy. Maybe if it was an ex from a long term relationship but some girl you asked out 6 months ago? Just pull yourself together and move on. Trust me all this "plenty more fish in the sea" bollocks will do you no good, you need to take a look in the mirror and go "right, I'm moving on".
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Trust me all this "plenty more fish in the sea" bollocks will do you no good.

I disagree,

It does motivate you to move on its just like saying "There will be another girl you like and will say yes."

Thats good enough for most people.
  • Options
    I just recently got out of a relationship that was on/off for about 2 years, and I know how you feel, she meant a lot to me, but you need to stop thinking about her and find someone else, someone who you care about even more than her, and just try not to let her in your head anymore.
  • Options
    It happens without you realising it, well that is what happens with me.
  • Options
    fish94 wrote: »
    I just recently got out of a relationship that was on/off for about 2 years, and I know how you feel, she meant a lot to me, but you need to stop thinking about her and find someone else, someone who you care about even more than her, and just try not to let her in your head anymore.

That's good advice, except he never started going out with her. He asked her once 6 months ago.

To the OP, she's the one that got away, and that's all she'll ever be. You need to try and find someone else or you'll never get her out your head.
  • Options
    Its been a good 6 months since i asked a certain girl out (the answer was no) and i cant seem to get her out of my head, not the "i want to go around her house and look through the window" type of stuff but she just pops in for no reason and i cant get her out of it for hour(s).

I need to get into my head that she's not intrested, I really want to move on, but how?

Hmm if you're still thinking about her after this amount of time then you need to change something within your life. Is she still a part of your life?
    You could find few new hobbies or focus your time dating sites and meeting new people. Fill your life and time up with new shit and soon she'll become a distance memory.....:yippe:

Kill off the 'what ifs' and stuff right now. YOU WILL FIND ANOTHER GIRL. YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH THIS 'OTHER' GIRL. For now just suck it up and start planning ahead.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    My opinion is, someone else you respect and really look up to has to tell you that she's gone and wants nothing to do with you now. Maybe that can change but for now, she wants you out of her life.

You can continue to dwell or move on. But if someone knocks you down hard enough to have you understand that what you're doing is a waste of time, then you'll realize what it is that you really have to do to get on with living your life in a new and better light.

The next time you see her, you can write her off.

Or, you can continue to meet new people on a regular basis (school, work, public places) and soon you may find someone else that you will be able to relate to and forget all about this girl. Clinging thoughts tend to be normal but you have to have yourself realize there are always better options for you. They don't have to be THE best, but just better.

Think about the time you had a really great sandwich or burger. ^^; How long did you think about its taste and how you wanted more? How long was it before you found yourself forgetting about it bit by bit as another type of food wavered into your line of vision and perked your interests?
    Then that food became the new great food you wanted to have and always thought about and the old one began losing its value and place as #1. You may still think about it, but not as much as before.

Not saying that women are pieces of meat lol, but the gist of the idea is the same.
  • Options
    cheers for the replys and me being so late in replying.

Yeah, I actually havent thought about her as much since reading your post day(s) ago. Only time i think about her now is when i see her/her name on facebook, she's a good friend and we get on well so i cant cut her out of my life, however im taking your advice on board and moving on with "she's the one that got away/im not missing out, she is" attitude.