Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hes cut off his friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im worried about my mate well not so much worried but upset by his actions! We used to be very close mates spoke ages on chat meet up text each other....since hes met and moved in with his new girlfriend hes cut dead our friendship. Stopped texting and talking to me.... thing is i know his aunt and she says hes not really talking to anyone and doesnt even go to play snooker with his mates much either...

Its like hes totally cut himself off from people i had hoped after a couple of months living with her he wouldve calmed down but no... thing is they both met while in long term relationships so dont know if its something to do with that and there are underlying issues?

Comments

• Options
    even if there are underlying issues in their relationship whats it got to do with you? not gonna pretend we havent been through this same post 1 million times but if he hasnt made an effort with you recently then its his own fault, theres nothing you can do, maybe hes really happy with his girlfriend since he moved in with her and has stopped going out as much, its not unusual when you first get together with someone.
  • Options
    I would guess he's cut off contact with you because you have been behaving like a scary stalker and not getting the message that he isn't interested and is happy with his new girlfriend. And Ludvig, I can't say I blame him. Your obsession with him is ridiculous and unhealthy. Let it go. It's over!
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    I would guess he's cut off contact with you because you have been behaving like a scary stalker and not getting the message that he isn't interested and is happy with his new girlfriend. And Ludvig, I can't say I blame him. Your obsession with him is ridiculous and unhealthy. Let it go. It's over!

Well that was a pretty dickish thing to say! It's a friend concerned about a friend.

Sorry to say though, as people get older and settle down. They do tend to loose touch with people. I found the same with my best mate and we've been friends for 15 years. Ok so she hasn't cut contact compleatly but trying to get her to do anything that isn't family or work related is impossible.
  • Options
    Well that was a pretty dickish thing to say! It's a friend concerned about a friend.

This person has made the same thread several times under several usernames with the same advice given every time. It became very clear a long time ago that it is not a case of being concerned about a friend but being on the point of obsession. So no, it wasn't a dickish thing to say at all. I completely agree with her.
  • Options
    We'll close this thread - we've asked ludvig to use the orginal account that has been set up rather than repeatedly posting the same question under different names again and again.
This discussion has been closed.