Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Excessive Sweating (oh joy -.-)

Over the past year id say ive went through tons of antiperspirants and deodrants and all that but i still sweat in stupid conditions..like today i was watching TV..the room was fine but i had huge puddles under my arms.
Not nice..what could be causing it.. i dont really want to tell my mam as its really embarresing and shes got enough to deal with already.
I cant even do normal things like give a mate a hug or something incase they feel giant wet patches under myarms. My confidence is low enough already and this doenst help. Id rather not have my mam know itll just drive me insane.

is there anyway i can stop it?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you tried anything like certain dri http://www.planetrx.com/shop/detail.cfm?sku=A2349&rfr=GUK&zmam=1000941&zmas=26&zmac=183&zmap=A2349 or drysol? http://www.amazon.co.uk/drysol/s?ie=UTF8&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Adrysol&page=1 You can also get stronger anti-persperant via a perscription. If it is really affecting you, botox is used to stop sweating as well. Perhaps that would be covered by the NHS in this cirmstance? Do you need your mom to go to the doctor? Though I go to a dermatologist, not a gp.

The best thing is just trial and error but make sure to use it for a week or so to see if it is working.
  • Options
    Ive never went to the docs on my own i rarely get sick or anything so no need really..nah ive used quite a few anti perspirents but they dont seem to do anything.

Ive read stuff on the net how they can like kill ur sweat glands in ur armpits (which is where my problem is) but ill start sweating in other places wont i?

I got no idea what to do..ordering summit online isnt an option my mam isnt working n my dads income is just supporting us atm.
  • Options
    Ive read stuff on the net how they can like kill ur sweat glands in ur armpits (which is where my problem is) but ill start sweating in other places wont i?

Botox or there is ott surgery called ets where they go in thru your armpit and cut the nerves which stimulate the sweat glands. However, they are located in your chest so they have to colapse a lung while doing this. The side effects are increased chest and back sweating, sweating while eating or drooping eyelids as they might damage the nerves above the sweat ones.

Though I'd guess thats a bit excessive for this cirmstance :p

you can also get pads for your pits ;)

anti-persperants such as certain dri are available otc, I'm just not sure of the names of pharmacies there so I posted an online link. Over yonder, the max you can buy is 20% of the active ingrediant aluminum chloride or aluminum zirconium or whatever else (personally, I'd look for aluminum chloride over the others). Check to see what % yours are and if they are not the highest then try that?
  • Options
    Botox or there is ott surgery called ets where they go in thru your armpit and cut the nerves which stimulate the sweat glands. However, they are located in your chest so they have to colapse a lung while doing this. The side effects are increased chest and back sweating, sweating while eating or drooping eyelids as they might damage the nerves above the sweat ones.

Though I'd guess thats a bit excessive for this cirmstance :p

you can also get pads for your pits ;)

anti-persperants such as certain dri are available otc, I'm just not sure of the names of pharmacies there so I posted an online link. Over yonder, the max you can buy is 20% of the active ingrediant aluminum chloride or aluminum zirconium or whatever else (personally, I'd look for aluminum chloride over the others). Check to see what % yours are and if they are not the highest then try that?

Can i go into a chemist and ask for anti perspirant with 20% alum chloride? or do i have to get a subscription?
  • Options
    driclor is good and is available OTC. Give it a try

ETA: if you do try driclor, make sure your underarms are fully dry before putting it on otherwise it itches like a bitch!
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    driclor is good and is available OTC. Give it a try

ETA: if you do try driclor, make sure your underarms are fully dry before putting it on otherwise it itches like a bitch!

any idea on the cost?
    does it work anyone used it?
    does it smell nice?

IE i forgot to mention i sweat alot more in my right armpit than my left ( i write with my right arm)

if thats any help?
  • Options
    I think it costs about £5, i dont think it has a scent and i've used it once or twice. You apply it at night and it stops your body from producing sweat. It worked for me after a few nights so i stopped using it, definitely give it a go.
  • Options
    oh and check here for more infor about it http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000855.html
  • Options
    Not nice is it mate, but unfortunately i used to sweat like a bitch too

Not so embarrassing when playing football or something, but when you're down the pub, not good.

As mentioned by Amira, Driclor is pretty decent.

You don't wear it through the day though.

You have to trim / shave the hair under your pits, then wash them before bed (don't shave them every night lol), then apply Driclor. Go to bed lol, then wash it off the next morning and repeat.

Only use it for a few days in a row, then have a break, then do it again. As mentioned, it does itch and can get really bad sometimes.

Decent deodrants are stuff like Mitchum - it's quite dear at about £3.50 ish for a roll on, but, used with Driclor, it does the job
  • Options
    FCUK it wrote: »
    Not nice is it mate, but unfortunately i used to sweat like a bitch too

Not so embarrassing when playing football or something, but when you're down the pub, not good.

As mentioned by Amira, Driclor is pretty decent.

You don't wear it through the day though.

You have to trim / shave the hair under your pits, then wash them before bed (don't shave them every night lol), then apply Driclor. Go to bed lol, then wash it off the next morning and repeat.

Only use it for a few days in a row, then have a break, then do it again. As mentioned, it does itch and can get really bad sometimes.

Decent deodrants are stuff like Mitchum - it's quite dear at about £3.50 ish for a roll on, but, used with Driclor, it does the job

So what do i wear during the day? or do i wear that during the day?

What does it actually do?
  • Options
    i get this problem, so do my brother and sister. Do you find that when you use an anti perspirant for the first time it works for a while but then the sweating comes back? do you shower in the morning but find minutes later your sweating again?

I find the looser my clothes the better, showering in the evening or before bed rather than the morning helps. I sweat more when im in situations that make me nervous (obviously, lol) so i found a few self help confidence books to help try and control it.

As mentioned there are perscription anti perspirants and a few over the counter ones that cost more than id like to pay, my brother has one deoderant that stops you sweating completely, but he saves it for special occasions such as weddings and stuff because it stings like hell.

Thing is your body needs to sweat, so unfortunately you will sweat in other places. Try just running your wrists under the cold tap from time to time, it will help to cool your body down quickly and may help a little. I carry deoderant talk from lush with me for if I ever have any problems. :)

Yeah id like to use it as much as possible because everyday even if im just siting at my computer with the window open im sweating buckets and lets face it, it isnt attractive is it?

The thing is id end up sweating in other places like feet..hands..back..groin?

o great.
  • Options
    Well i bought some Driclor in the end and its worked a fucking treat :D after 2 days i stopped sweating at my pits - i can wear just a t shirt outdoors with confidence now :D
  • Options
    Well i bought some Driclor in the end and its worked a fucking treat :D after 2 days i stopped sweating at my pits - i can wear just a t shirt outdoors with confidence now :D

yay! that's good, you'd recommend it then?
  • Options
    greenday88 wrote: »
    yay! that's good, you'd recommend it then?

IT was £6.75 for a bottle (quite pricey) but it works i dont sweat anymore on my pits :D i feel alot more confident now - i highly recommend it.