Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Whats the best way to approach this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right first things first let me introduce you to the situation. I met this girl online who lives abroad and well we clicked straight away. I immediately thought she was attractive but didn't say anything and just got to know her first. Within a few hours of talking she asked for my mobile number and facebook.

We've carried on talking on facebook since and i've even called her regulary around once a week. In the facebook messages she's been telling me how she's been thinking about me throughout the day and how she misses me etc.

I suggested that maybe i could save up money and come see her in the near future which she said she'd love. She keeps talking about how when she's going to parties she wishes that i was there with her. Which got me thinking that if things stayed the way they were then maybe things could get serious.

Anyway back to the problem. Recently she added a guy on facebook who was a friend of a friend that she didn't know and i assume that they've been talking and now she's saying about how she's going to see him this weekend and how she can't wait to see him with him saying the same thing back.

She never mentioned him and only told me that she was going on a holiday there.

I'd just like to know where do you think this leaves me? As still up to the other day she was saying how she missed me and wanted me to be there. (I presume she was still talking to this guy at this point) I was planning on calling her on tuesday the day after she gets back and ask her how her holiday was etc.

Is it a good idea to bring him up and ask if theres anything going on? Or should i just play it cool and not initiate any conversation and wait to see if she eventually messages me?

I really would love to see her but i'm not so sure its worth paying all that money to go see her when its clear she's maybe thinking about someone else now. Obviously this comes with a dilemma because its hard to find out whats going on and i really dont sound like complete psycho asking her all these questions and therefore scaring her off, as i know that we aren't actually together. So how would i ask this without causing this effect? I was wondering if anyone could help me out here.

Would be really grateful for your help.

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like she has just been stringing you along, admittedly it might not be intentional. Though she is someone off the internet that you dont know all that well to be honest, and it cant be that serious on her end if shes off to see this other guy.

I suggest you wind things down as you are likely only to get more and more parnoid and read into things that are not there. Which could be even more dangerous than the situation you have now.
  • Options
    You can't let yourself worry to much yet wozzle, you've not really commited to each other so you're both still pretty much "free agents" Obviously if you were "an item" things would be different but at the moment she's just enjoyin life - don't start with the green eyed monster or it will eat you alive :banghead:
  • Options
    Well i have my answer...she's with this guy now. At least i have an answer now. So i can now lick my wounds and move on. I'll just leave things including all contact with her i think (in regards to starting conversations again). As hard as its gonna be. If she's interested in keeping in touch thats that up to her i guess

Thanks for the help anyway. I appreciated your views :banghead: