Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

withdrawl effects purely 'psychological'?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so i went to the doc today for my back, and we briefly discussed my withdrawal from Effexor. I explain that i was finding it really difficult coming off the last bit (literally crumbs, about 'o' much)
I started to say how i felt it was affecting my balance, when he muttered 'well... i think those effects will be purely psychological'

So my question is: I know i am taking such a small amount- can there really be side effects still- or is my brain making them up?

I know that i tried to get to about 2 days, and during that period my balance went off quite a lot (to the point where i didn't feel safe driving) and then i started to feel really anxious and impulsive and depressed, all at the same time.

This was over one weekend... so i know i'd need more time to come off the last bit, but what he said is making me paranoid that i'm making it all up, and i should just stop taking them, and think positively, and i'll be fine!

so.... thoughts and experiences appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Effexor is well known for being horrible to come off. It has to be done slowly, and even then people can feel quite unwell. I did feel terrible when I came off it, but as soon as you're a few weeks clear of it you should feel better.