Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Putting makeup on someone else?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About the extent of my putting any kind of makeup on anyone else is doing people's nails, which I seem to be quite good at lol. Anyway, I'm going to Suffolk Pride on Sunday with some mates and it's been decided that I'm gonna be glamming up my guy friend as he's never put makeup on lol. I can do my own but any tips for doing someone else's?

Comments

• Options
    I actually find it a bit easier to do other people's make up and I can actually do it a fair bit faster than doing my own. I don't really know about tips though, it's much the same.
  • Options
    I'm mainly worried about the eye makeup because that took a lot of time for me to master on myself (being allergic to eyeliner didn't help lol.) I guess I'll just tell him to keep still and hope for the best!
  • Options
    Ah it's easier, because you can get them to close both eyes so you can see how it looks and if it's even etc. Eyeliner is easy with a good eyeliner brush - I actually use angled brushes on other people even though I can't use them on myself, and eyeshadow is easy as long as you can work out the crease properly.

Oh, and if you can (and if he's wanting mascara) get a disposable mascara wand. If I wasn't at Rich's I would have offered to post you one, but I think you can get them pretty cheap anyway.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Ah it's easier, because you can get them to close both eyes so you can see how it looks and if it's even etc. Eyeliner is easy with a good eyeliner brush - I actually use angled brushes on other people even though I can't use them on myself, and eyeshadow is easy as long as you can work out the crease properly.

Oh, and if you can (and if he's wanting mascara) get a disposable mascara wand. If I wasn't at Rich's I would have offered to post you one, but I think you can get them pretty cheap anyway.

Ah, thank you Franki! I will try to post a picture to show you how it turned out :)

I know it's off-topic, but it your name short for anything? I only wonder because I'm a Francesca.
  • Options
    Ah, thank you Franki! I will try to post a picture to show you how it turned out :)

I know it's off-topic, but it your name short for anything? I only wonder because I'm a Francesca.
    Frances ;). Everyone always says "is that short for Francesca?" and I always rage a little bit ;o.
  • Options
    To get smooth eyeliner/eyeshadow, i hold the corner of their eye, stretched a bit, so i can apply it in one/two smooth strokes.
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    To get smooth eyeliner/eyeshadow, i hold the corner of their eye, stretched a bit, so i can apply it in one/two smooth strokes.
    You shouldn't stretch it. If the eye is closed you shouldn't need to anyway, but stretching it makes the skin more likely to wrinkle.
  • Options
    Thick? Why would you want it thick? Also, if it's a "faded gray line" you aren't using the right eyeliner.
  • Options
    Do you go out in public like that though? Seems more of a photographic look or something... not a "real life" kind of look.

Kids these days :p
  • Options
    Ok I guess i didn't explain, it sounded right in my head! You know when people are not used to people other than themselves coming at their eyes with a make-up brush etc, they sometimes their eyes get a bit fluttery? I just meant, hold down the eyelid slightly for better application:)
  • Options
    I use a pencil, and if i want it to be shocking black like this picture:
    black.jpg

I have to go over it atleast once.
    That looks like shit.

Sorry.

And seriously, if your pencil is coming out gray you're not using the right pencil.
  • Options
    Well, thank you ladies and gents. I'm fairly nervy about tomorrow, think I might try to get him over tonight (now that I'm back in Norwich) for a test run. I'm trying to remember how people used to get makeup on me when I was a figure skater (I was young and competitions require something that stands out) and to be honest, the main thing I remember is having to be held down whilst the eyeliner was put on, shoved on the ice and then afterwards looking like a panda as my eyes streamed everywhere. Hmm.
  • Options
    Ok, well that didn't kinda work out as planned. You don't want the details but we all got far too trashed, just about pulled it together to make the journey to Ipswich, ended up having interesting times via Colchester and Stowmarket, missed the train three times which isn't good when they only run once an hour and yeah. I forgot my camera but I can upload phone-y pics if you wish. I think I'm still slightly drunk. Heh :blush: