Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rain boots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wellies, are they? I'm thinking of buying some, but online cuz they are really expensive in the store. Do they go over your shoes or do you wear them in place of shoes? I might get a bigger size if you wear them over shoes just in case. Thanks.

They aren't much cheaper on line, actually. It is fucking rubber, whats so expensive about it. I'll wear garbage bags over my feet...

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    In place of shoes you nutter.
    Go for quality. The best are Hunters without a shadaow of a doubt - as classy as wellies can get.
    http://www.hunter-boot.com/1/Welcome-To-The-Home-Of-Hunter-Wellies.aspx
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I swear I've seen things you wear over shoes... so I didn't know if rain boots were that kind. I think a lot of the farmers had them. Thats my defense for dumb questions :p

I'll let you buy me those :p I can't imagine paying $25 at the discount store, let alone 70 for those fancy things! I'll probably only wear them twice, anyways.
  • Options
    they are the most comfortable shoe!! wellies are like long boots :) love them!! :D JB x
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    In place of shoes you nutter.
    Go for quality. The best are Hunters without a shadaow of a doubt - as classy as wellies can get.
    http://www.hunter-boot.com/1/Welcome-To-The-Home-Of-Hunter-Wellies.aspx

Do you really find hunters the best? We've stopped selling them in our shop as so many people over the last two years have been returning them due to faults. Never used to get this problem. Started to look bad on us so decided to stop them.
  • Options
    I love wellies! i have to wear them a lot coz i live in a village between farms so its muddy. They are very comfy. But put a big pair of socks on.
  • Options
    Carolina wrote: »
    Do you really find hunters the best?

I've never worn a better wellie and I use my wellies a lot - for fishing, beating, walking the dog.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I've never worn a better wellie and I use my wellies a lot - for fishing, beating, walking the dog.

Hmm wonder why so many have been going wrong in our neck of the woods then. It's only in the last couple of years, thought they must have changed the rubber content or something. :chin:
  • Options
    Yep we have Hunter wellies too :) how can a welly be faulty? Does it wear quickly or something?

Imagine how huge they would be to wear them over your shoes :p can tell you must be a city boy/girl!
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    Yep we have Hunter wellies too :) how can a welly be faulty? Does it wear quickly or something?

Imagine how huge they would be to wear them over your shoes :p can tell you must be a city boy/girl!

If they do wear quite fast they must be made out of pretty cheap material, i can just remember my old pair of wellies they were reallly thick, i had em for years!
    :yippe:
  • Options

Actually everybody in the city wears them when it rains and thats how I got the idea. I just get my shoes and socks wet so I thought I would join the smart crowd this year.
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    Actually everybody in the city wears them when it rains and thats how I got the idea. I just get my shoes and socks wet so I thought I would join the smart crowd this year.

They wear wellies or boots over their normal shoes? :confused:
  • Options
    I didn't know what they did, thats why I asked. I just saw lots of people with rain boots on a rainy/slushy day and I realized their genius.
  • Options
    I didn't know what they did, thats why I asked. I just saw lots of people with rain boots on a rainy/slushy day and I realized their genius.

You do make me laugh in a good way. I don't mean to be rude but it's like you have come from a different planet and are finding weird and wonderful things on earth. I'm from the country though so I dunno, maybe people in the city hadn't seen wellington boots until they became fashionable in the past year or two.
  • Options
    Lol :o It is probably just because I am a lazy slob and a bit dumb. 1 day a week I have to walk a mile downtown in the city to get to school. It took walking that in a downpour rain to realize I should take an umbrella when its going to rain... Not bright, dare I say :p I don't look for new things until I've learned the hard way.
  • Options
    Lol :o It is probably just because I am a lazy slob and a bit dumb. 1 day a week I have to walk a mile downtown in the city to get to school. It took walking that in a downpour rain to realize I should take an umbrella when its going to rain... Not bright, dare I say :p I don't look for new things until I've learned the hard way.

The umbrella thing comes with maturity though! I often see boys walking to school in the pouring rain getting absolutely soaked because it's just not 'cool' for a boy to carry an umbrella. However, when they get a bit older they realise that it's actually better to stay dry and take one! Common sense prevails eventually!
  • Options
    The umbrella thing comes with maturity though! I often see boys walking to school in the pouring rain getting absolutely soaked because it's just not 'cool' for a boy to carry an umbrella. However, when they get a bit older they realise that it's actually better to stay dry and take one! Common sense prevails eventually!

Thats very true, it was chucking it down the other day, just as my brother was about to go out, i chucked him a umbrella and said 'your going to need this' and he was like 'ERGH! im not taking that! Oh my god how embarrasing!' I just simply said to him whats more embarrasing, taking an umbrella like an ordinary person, or turning up to where ever your going soaked.. Makes no sense.

But on topic, i :heart: my welly boots! :) They are black and white with crazy patterns and ive had them like 3 years :yippe:
  • Options

I'm 24!
  • Options

We've had people bringing them back after a couple of months to our shop because of splits appearing, them leaking etc.

I jumped on the muckboot band wagon for dog walking and down the stables. Might not be as smart as hunters but def. very warm and hardy. Mine have lasted about four years so far.
  • Options
    My mum wears Hunters. Her first pair didn't last her very long, but she sent them back and got a replacement pair free which have lasted her ages.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yup, but pretty ones of course ;) I like http://www.target.com/Magic-Carpet-Rain-Boots-Green/dp/B000KHB732?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&node=13913321&sessionID=181-8428607-5801825 I must be the worlds cheapest person. That seems so expensive! :( I'll probably just end up weaing squishy socks again this year.

I've seen a bunch for around $130 and most for at least $50. It is outrageous!
  • Options
    Yup, but pretty ones of course ;) I like http://www.target.com/Magic-Carpet-Rain-Boots-Green/dp/B000KHB732?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&node=13913321&sessionID=181-8428607-5801825 I must be the worlds cheapest person. That seems so expensive! :( I'll probably just end up weaing squishy socks again this year.

If it's just to stop your feet getting wet in the city, you don't need expensive ones imo. If you were going trudging round fields every day then maybe, but just to stop your feet getting wet? Not worth it.

Those ones are pretty :).
  • Options
    get some decent waterproof looking shoes and then nik-wax them. did it with my walking boots and didn't get even damp
  • Options

Tarj-ey is super posh :p
  • Options
    Here's a website for girly wellies MyName.

http://www.wedgewelly.co.uk/
    Weekender Offender