Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Period?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay... well my period are always regular every month (21st- 26th) and it was fine last month. But this morning I had a sort of period, that's stopped now... is it from stress or what?
I'm abit worried!
C-A x

Comments

• Options
    Okay... well my period are always regular every month (21st- 26th) and it was fine last month. But this morning I had a sort of period, that's stopped now... is it from stress or what?
    I'm abit worried!
    C-A x

hmm, it could be down to stress, i can remember when i was your age that i had this werid bleed that lasted for a day, very light, strangeeeee.

Did you have last months period?
  • Options
    yea... I started my periods when I was 9, so they are normal and everything. Dunno unless it's possible for them to become irregular again?
    It's weird :-/
    C-A x
  • Options
    hmmmm, i dont know :/ maybe? thats a tricky onee, i think the logical thing is that you still have hormones buzzing about in your body, and i did hear somewhere that it does take about 3 - 4 years till your body settles down till a normal routein for periods. So that could be it.

(dont hold me agaisnt the 3 - 4 years bit, we had a stupid ass sex education teacher.)

But i wouldnt think theres anything to worry about, by the sounds of it the problems that you've had recently from your other threads you have been under alot of stress so that could be the cause of it.
  • Options
    Periods have a tendency to be shit at you just at the point where you think they're starting to be regular and you're just about getting used to the pain (yes body, I am talking to YOU). Stress is a big factor, as is diet and even though you started them at nine, you are still going through puberty so they won't necessarily be regular all the time. Plus, if you're on any kind of birth control (except the pill, which forces regularity) that could be a factor too. When I was on the depo injection I had two periods in the whole six months, they were fabulously light, but one of them was 4 weeks long and the other lasted a whopping 10 weeks. No, really.

It's probably nothing, but as always, if you're very worried go and see your GP.
  • Options
    C-A x
  • Options
    Why don't you ask your mum?
  • Options
    In the first few years, they're still trying to find their feet, so unless you have any reason to think that something else is up (if they're very heavy, painful or you have other symptoms) one missing or a bit of irregularity is nowt to worry about.

Don't think mine were properly regular until I was about 16.
  • Options
    Thanks every one... I'm now on my 3rd period in 30 days. But hey ho! I'll battle on!
    C-A x