Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

down about the way i look

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know that everyone has there down days where you just think ergh im ugly, but ive been feeling like it for a while now, i dont have much money, but i just want to know what i can do just to cheer myself up a little and feel a little better about myself?

Comments

• Options
    If I'm having a few days where I feel hideous, I find sometimes it is nice to have a long, relaxing bath, and then shave so you feel all smooth and lovely, wash hair, moisturise (I love the body shop's body butters - they leave you smelling gorgeous too), pluck eyebrows, do all little things that you would do when you want to look your best.

If you've got the money maybe treat yourself to a hair cut/re-style, or if you haven't got the money for that maybe just get some hair dye, doesn't have to be anything drastically different from your natural colour but it can just give your hair a lift and make it all shiny.

Also don't know if you wear make up often but I find if I'm feeling minging it can be nice to spend a bit of time on my make up, or buy a new eyeshadow or item of make up I haven't tried before and see what effects I can create with it. Also might be nice to shape your fingernails and give yourself a mini manicure and pedicure? Just little things to make you feel glam and a bit more polished.

It is difficult when you've not got much self-esteem and are feeling a bit rubbish, but I think sometimes just spending some time on yourself doing a few little things like that can really make a difference.
  • Options
    I HATE the way I look, I spend hours every day getting ready. No body ever sees me with out make up. Ever. Even in bed, I wear some stuff just in case. At school today I had loads of boys saying I was fit and I just thought "If they could see what I look like" BUT.... I think that it's just down to self esteem. I think that you just need to look in the mirror and tell yourself you are gourgess! Even if you think it's a lie... keep lieing to yourself, and it'll build up your confidence.
    C-A x
    PS I'm sure you are very pretty.
  • Options
    I'm sure you are very pretty.

Im really not!

Sometime i have ok days, then other days where i just wanna cry in bed all day. But my birthday is next month, so hopefully il have a bit of money to treat myself :)
  • Options
    Yea :-) A bit of pampering always makes me feel better too.

Stop bringing yourself down, you are who you are, and you gotta love yourself for that. Who knows what beauty really is? The whole "blonde hair blue eyes, stick thin, big boobs" image is just a stereotypical view of beauty- what makes it real or unreal? Only you know what is beautiful to you.. other people may think differently
    C-A x
  • Options
    fuck getting your hair done, fuck diets, fuck make up fuck it all!

you need to work on your self esteem! you need to tell yourself that you are not just supremely gorgeous but you are a goddess! you need to nuture your inner beauty and it will shine through!

I have pretty big problems with how i look, but i know that theres only so much i can do about the outside, but what i can do with how i feel about myself as a whole person - rather than saying "oh well, i don't like my tummy, or i have a big nose, and my lips are as full, etc" - you learn to not just like but love the whole of you...

i'm not saying its easy, but its really important - i'm going through the process myself and fuck, its hard but i really think its going to be worth it in the end...
  • Options
    Even in bed, I wear some stuff just in case.

That is so, so bad for your skin.

OP - give yourself a good pamper day. Face mask, do your nails, nice hair mask and blahblah then make yourself up and do your hair nice and it'll make you feel reeeeeally good.

I do agree with t-t though (even though she said fuck make up :(), you need to work on your self esteem otherwise this is just going to keep happening. Having said that, doing yourself up every so often will help when you look at yourself in the mirror and think "hot damn, I look good!".

Also - good skin is the key to everything. I can be plastered with makeup but if I know my skin is shitty underneath I feel like crap anyway. Get a good skin regime going and stick to it, drink lots of water and when you see the results and think "wow, I don't look half bad" even when you're not wearing makeup and you've got bed hair, it's so so worth it.
  • Options
    ...Following on from Franki's post.... https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=574&Itemid=80
    Lush are AMAZING and I really do feel pampered when I get out the bath haha... The page there is face/skincare and they this thing called "Angels on bare skin" that has gotten rid of most my spots.
    C-A x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, will deffo have a look about and have a pamper day on my birthday :) I usually treat myself to the skin care stuff in avon, they have great things in there :)