Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i dont fit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont seem to fit the fashions other people do. I like my originality but i feel like everyone judges me on what i wear and I hate it....how do i dress how i like without being harrassed over what it is? JB x:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Meh, ignore them. I am a single pringle when it comes to fashion :-) YYAAYYYY team....
    oh wait... I don't have a team. I'm i n d i v i d u a l
    C-A x
  • Options
    How old are you? I'd say if you were 15/16 then this kind of thing is very important. I did at the time. But when i got to college and am now at uni, nobody cares. Everyone wears what they want without question. Give it a couple of years and i guarantee it wont matter anymore, and people will appreciate your individualism. In the mean time, keep on being yourself, dress how you want, not because other people want you to dress a certain way.
  • Options
    I'm at high school! its just there's snobs in school who judge you on how you dress not who you are and it bothers me that I feel like i have to comply or i'll be shunned by everyone?? :( JB x
  • Options
    You can't really change their attitude but you can stop yourself from being bothered by what they say. Wear what you like and don't listen to what others say.
  • Options
    thank you guys! :D JB x
  • Options
    Yeah don't listen, I don't always wear what everyone else wears and if you like it that's all that matters cause it's you that's wearig it not them :)
  • Options
    yea I know! Cant wait until I got to Uni and can change the way people see me :D JB x
  • Options
    I'm afraid that sometimes school doesn't allow you to be who you are properly due to the immaturity of the people in it. I never fitted in, mainly because i wasn't rich enough, but luckily i hung round at home with an older crowd and people from school thought that meant i must be poor and tough :thumb: So they left me alone.
    Be yourself and stand your ground. Be happy you're an individual and that that alone sets you at a higher level than the people taking the piss. You have common sense and insight, they don't.
    I wish i'd discovered that when younger. The older i've got the more individual you could say i am. Maybe not in what i wear, but who i am. It's good to be unique :flirt:
  • Options
    thank you! i'll try to be myself and see how it goes :) JB x
  • Options
    Its definitely best to do what you want in life and not care what people think (when it comes to personal taste). Its better to have the strength not to conform because you feel forced and to feel happy with yourself as you are. Eventually you will realised you are the better person for being yourself AND accepting people for who they are/what they like. You shouldnt want friends like that anyway so ignore anything that is said to you about such petty things :)

I am 25 and still get it now, but i usually just say "are you not over it yet?" ie you idiots did it in school, and youre still doing it now, the same ignorant kind of person, yet i have grown as a person. So i dont feel bad about it anymore :D
  • Options
    Lubot wrote: »
    Its definitely best to do what you want in life and not care what people think (when it comes to personal taste). Its better to have the strength not to conform because you feel forced and to feel happy with yourself as you are. Eventually you will realised you are the better person for being yourself AND accepting people for who they are/what they like. You shouldnt want friends like that anyway so ignore anything that is said to you about such petty things :)

I am 25 and still get it now, but i usually just say "are you not over it yet?" ie you idiots did it in school, and youre still doing it now, the same ignorant kind of person, yet i have grown as a person. So i dont feel bad about it anymore :D

Don't worry about it Jelly Baby. Get your own style and you never know, people might follow. I hate those girls who all look the same. A girl with personality in what she wears is a real turn on. x Andy
  • Options
    Hiya, I know its hard right now but it will pass eventually. There will always be people that judge you on your clothing and style. Personally I like to wear what suits me and what I feel good in, thats how I have mostly been and I know it wasn't so easy at school but then at college it got better.
  • Options
    thanks guys! knowing other peoples views makes me more confident about what i wear :) thanks JB x
  • Options
    YEAH! big up individuality... don't be a sheep... be a rainbow...
    C-A x